• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFB Saturday

CFB YTD 4-1 +3.9 units
    2* 1-0 +2.0 units
    1* 3-1 +1.9 units

I started off big last weekend winning a 2* play on Florida and going 4-1 on the week, playing four big favorites and one dog. I am focused here on teams that proved last week they are better than most are aware.

2* East Carolina +8
    EC is a veteran team with a very good QB and showed it last week winning a neutral field victory over Virginia Tech. Another upset is possible as they return home against a West Virginia team that I expect to play well below expectations. Coaching matters in college football and West Virginia made a grave error in replacing Rodriguez with glorified gofer Bill Stewart. The coordiators are mostly running the team and that always leads to chaos. WV's first wakeup call is this weekend.

1* Duke +6 1/2
    Duke finally has a real coaching staff with former Missisissippi coach Cutcliffe and they whipped a very good FCS (used to be 1-AA) team last week in James Madison (one of the best FCS teams in the country.) Northwestern may be overrated off a win over a bad Syracuse team. I think Duke pulls the straight-up upset here.

1* East Carolina/West Virginia OVER 50
    As stated in my side play on EC, they have an excellent offense. WV returns only four defensive starters back from last year. WV's strength is on offense with Pat White at QB and a sensational running game. I rarely play college totals but the line on this way is a misjudgment of the two teams' strengths and weaknesses.

1* Bowling Green -6
    BG beat Pittsburgh, one of the favorites in the Big East, last week and, in my opinion, is the best team in the MAC. Their QB, Sheehan, is very good. Minneosta, which had zero defense last year, is better but barely got by Northern Illinois at home last week and---trust me on this---when the year is over Bowling Green will have a much better MAC record than Northern. BG will be pumped up at home against a Big 10 team.

1* Georgia -23
    Georgia has a great offense and Central Michigan's defense stinks. While CM has an outstanding offense, Georgia's defense has something to prove after a less than dominating win last week over Georgia Southern. Georgia has fallen out of the #1 spot in the polls and needs to shellack somebody to regain respect.

Opinions only:
    Lou-Monroe (Arkansas should have lost last week)
    Mississippi (much improved now that Nutt is there)
    Temple (they're not awful anymore)

NFL:
    I'll post my full card later but am playing this one now before the lines moves to make Buffalo a favorite.

1* Bills pk
    Last edited by griswold; 09-04-2008, 01:18 AM.

gris good luck this weekend!!
    1*=$50

Crusader MM starting qb at Oregon

Comment

Gl This Weekend Gris
      MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
      HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
      0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

good luck gris

Comment

Love the angles & card. GL
          FUCK YOU, FUCK ME

Comment

good luck this weekend, Griz!

Comment

BOL this weekend gris man and thanks for the great writeups as usual!!!
              SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Thanks for posting Gris I always look forward to your plays and will no doubt throw some cash at a few of these...

Comment

gl to Gris---thanks

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

gl gris
                    rjeremy for my accounts manager/i love how he keeps numbers

Comment

Best of Luck Gris!!!

Comment

GL Gris and thanks for taking the time to doing the write-ups on the match ups

Comment

GL today

Comment

gris u still like the ecu/wv over even with the weather conditions?

Comment

Looks like some winners....love Temple.
                              GL!

Comment

Working...
                              X