College Football Week 1 (8/29/08)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Football Week 1 (8/29/08)

It's been a while since I've posted a play, but I've got a game I really like for week 1 of the CFB season, so what the heck.

Rice -3.5

I have tons of respect for June Jones and what he did for Hawaii football the past few years, but this is a tough situation that he stepped into at SMU and the first year will not be easy, starting with this game. It's always dangerous betting on a game between 2 bad teams, but the difference in these games still comes down to quarterback play. So let's take a look at the starters for each team

Rice - Chase Clement - A redshirt senior with 5666 career passing yards, 1048 career rushing yards, and 68 total TDs (32 of which have gone to Jarrett Dillard, the NCAA active leader in career receptions, receiving yardage, and touchdown catches). This is a guy who passed for at least 345 yards in each of the 4 games to end the season last year, including 488 total yards and 4 TDs in a 43-42 win at SMU last year as a 6.5 point underdog.

SMU - Bo Levi Mitchell - A true freshman who was a 2-star prospect out of Katy High School taking the reigns of a brand new offense that averaged 40 pass attempts/game the past 3 years at Hawaii.

I actually think that Mitchell could eventually become a good college QB, but so did Timmy Chang and that didn't keep the 2000 Hawaii squad from a 3-9 record.

Inevitably, the season opener in massively oversized and outdated Rice stadium will draw the highest attendance of the year and while Rice has never enjoyed a distinct homefield advantage, it's still worth a few points.

In the end, I think Clement and Dillard draw a couple TDs closer to the all-time QB-to-WR mark before Mitchell can even get his feet under him and Rice rolls from there.

Best of luck everybody.

Good Write Up Sounds Good To Me...... Gl 2ya Soccer Head
    MY MEAT IN THE HOT DESERT.......

Comment

GL this weekend Ctt

PS nice to see you bover
      2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Gl Ct ! Nice To See Both You Fags.... One Tan And One White...

Comment

Originally posted by tash
          Gl Ct ! Nice To See Both You Fags.... One Tan And One White...

ctt & bover dont let this fat ass pasty white dude from northern minnesota talk junk to you guys like that.
          2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Gl CTT...nice writeup. Go Hurricane.

Comment

Good luck. I fired on that one as soon as I saw it.
              "I ain't just flippin' a quarter over here..."

Comment

BOL with Rice on Friday night ctt and nice to see you post!!!

PS - Timmy Chang is now a 3rd string QB for the CFL Hamilton Tiger Cats..
                SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Good Luck CTT
                  2012 - 2013 NCAAF

21 - 20 - 0

2012 - 2013 NFL

14 - 10 - 1

Comment

Other CUSA opinions:

UTEP +3 (Always good at the beginning of the season, bad at the end)
                    VT -9 (Still not sure I like this ECU team without Chris Johnson)
                    Memphis +7.5 (Last 3 years Memphis lost by 4, then 3, then 2 to Ole Miss. How about a 1-point loss this year?)
                    USM -10 (They beat ULaLa by 45 last year. Fedora needs to prove a point)
                    UAB +13 (It's tough to break in a new QB in a road conference game. Even if he's a redshirt senior)

Comment

Didn't start the way I wanted, but the result was all the same. I'll be interested to see the Memphis-Rice line for next week.

Comment

Great call on Rice last night ctt!!!

SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

good call on Rice----gl with the rest

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Good to see ya post BOL ctt.
                            Records listed in members records forum.

Comment

Working...
                            X