Clear All

• MLB Sunday

YTD 29-34 -2.13 units
    2* 1-1 +0.0 units
    1* 28-32 -2.13 units

Faves 7-5 +1.76 units
    Dogs 22-27 -1.74 units
    Totals 0-2 -2.15 units

I went 1-1 on dogs Wednesday, grinding out a small profit and stopping what had been a bad losing streak.

The problem with playing mostly dogs, as I do, is you can hit streaks like this. The upside, is that if you get hot the units can really roll in. I've got a couple of ugly picks today but the rewards are high, even if I only pull off a split.

1* Pirates +300
    It is brutally tough to go against Sabathia who is now 8-0 in his Milwaukee starts and it's really hard to go with Pittsburgh who is a rotten 23-41 on the road. But the fact is the pitching matchup is close to even as the Pirates' Maholm is very hot right now. He's allowed only four earned runs in his last 22 innings and Pittsburgh is actually 14-11 in his starts. Sabathia threw 139 pitches in his last start (although he does have an extra day of rest) and if he were ever to stumble, today could be the day. I'll probably lose this pick but the line should really be more like -190 than -340. I gotta take the value, hard as it is here.

1* Indians +130
    This one's a lot easier to play. Cleveland, after getting over its pouting over the trading of CC and others, has gotten very hot. The Indians have won six in a row and 10 of 13. The Rangers have tanked, going 7-14 this month and and losing 9 of the last 11. Texas keeps scoring runs but the pitching is atrocious and Padilla is as bad as any of them, giving up an ugly 15 earned runs in his last 16 innings and---get this---24 hits in those 16 innings. Given that Cleveland has scored 42 runs its last five games, it may eat Padilla up.

Opinion only:
    Rays (17-8 in Sonnanstine starts and a big dog AGAIN)

Gl Today Buddy
    MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
    HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
    0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

gl gris

Comment

Get them dogs barking BOL gris.
        Records listed in members records forum.

Comment

good luck today, Grizzle!

Comment

Working...
          X