Oklahoma dismisses coveted recruit Jarboe in wake of Internet video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oklahoma dismisses coveted recruit Jarboe in wake of Internet video

Oklahoma has kicked freshman wide receiver Josh Jarboe off the team, coach Bob Stoops announced Friday.

"We are disappointed in this outcome, but our complete review and the final decision is in the best interest of the program," Stoops said in a prepared statement.

Jarboe, ranked 13th on ESPN's list of top high school players last season, was sentenced in May to two years' probation and 80 hours of community service for carrying a gun on the grounds of his high school in Decatur, Ga. An assistant principal caught him there with a pistol in his possession in the school parking lot.

Jarboe was initially charged with a felony, but his charges were reduced to a misdemeanor.

Earlier this week, Jarboe was the subject of a 74-second video posted on YouTube. Jarboe's obscenity-laced rap included references to shooting people and guns.

The Tulsa World reported that Stoops' decision came after he met Friday morning with Jarboe.

"We outlined for Josh the expectations we had for him when he arrived and unfortunately, those expectations have not been met," Stoops said. "Josh needs to learn from this experience. We hope he can move forward in a positive manner."

Jarboe, a 6-foot-3, 195-pounder, was one of the most heralded players in Oklahoma's 2008 recruiting class. He was ranked by ESPN as the nation's 10th-best wide receiver after producing 34 catches for 643 yards for Cedar Grove High School last season. He had 15 touchdown receptions on 92 catches in his high school career.

The Sooners' fall camp in preparation for the 2008 season begins Sunday in Norman, Okla.

always something with them thugs out there

Comment

Nice to see Oklahoma has standards...the gun on school property was not enough but the You Tube video put it over the top!!!

That's for you, KB!
      Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Don't need him. He's a Bum. BEAT IT!

TOUCHDOWN FAT BOY!

I was Born my Pappy's Son,
        When I hit the ground, I was on the Run!
        Jon E. Checkers

Comment

THUGS hahahaha IDIOTS!!!!
          No one called anyone a JT

Comment

I Am Sure The Georgia Bulldogs Will Welcome Him With Open Arms.he Has The Arrest Record Already To Make The Team If He Would Have Gotten A Felony No Doubt He Would Have Gone To Georgia
            MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
            HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
            0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Anyone see the Video?

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat
                Anyone see the Video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB9bt...eature=related

Comment

It's too bad cause I think he was a great talent although some definite character issues. He was on a short leash to begin with though and if he's not smart enough to not do shit like this, no telling what he would have done further on down the line. I hope he gets his shit turned around and his priorities straight cause I think he has tremendous upside.

Comment

Originally posted by tech fan
                    I Am Sure The Georgia Bulldogs Will Welcome Him With Open Arms.he Has The Arrest Record Already To Make The Team If He Would Have Gotten A Felony No Doubt He Would Have Gone To Georgia
                    Then straight to the RADIERS after his college career....if he has one!
                    Nothing is as far away as one minute ago.

Comment

Ok, I couldn't understand half of the shit he was speaking/singing.

Second that was no where in any comparison to that player that was molesting that drunk chick. I believe that was an Auburn player and he got a suspension I believe. Of course him carrying a gun on a HS campus was bad and stupid.

This kid better hope someone else picks him up with a scholarship.

Comment

dumbazz !

signed,

KB
                        UCONN PLAYER

Comment

I agree it was pretty weak, but Stoops apparently had him on a teeny tiny leash

Comment

Working...
                          X