Remember What I Said About Ned Yost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember What I Said About Ned Yost?

I got lots of grief when I started a thread a few weeks ago saying Milwaukee would never make the playoffs so long as baseball's dumbest manager (other than Charlie Manuel) is still there.

As the gutless Brewers play scaredy-cat ball all week against the Cubs, I'd like to say I told you so.

A Chicago columnist agrees with me:

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/couch/index.html

Don't tell me managing doesn't matter. Watch the Dodgers overtake Arizona because managing matters.

Watch the Cubs win the NL because managing matters.

Watch the Twins stay in the AL hunt all year because managing matters.

Watch the Mets now that Willie is gone because managing matters.

And watch the incredibly talented Phillies continue to underperform because managing matters.

I couldn't agree with you more....and quite frankly a LOT in Milwaukee agree with you and were shocked that he wasn't let go last year after their collapse.

Comment

I agree to an extent. Yost doesn't have anything to do with Rich Harden pitching a great game, and the Phillies are not incredibly talented. I don't know why everyone always says that. Their starting pitching sucks. That's what separates you in baseball. Their bats are just like everyone else. All the teams that are winning have a lot talent, none of them are winning because they have a great manager.

Comment

What a weird article. So it's Yost's fault that Kendall made a bad throw to first in the 1st inning last night?

The Cubs will win the central because they've got more talent than any team in the central, not because they're expertly managed.

Comment

Give me a break. Yost left starters in too long in all four games of the series.

He just had his latest meltdown, ordering Gagne to throw at Edmonds.

Face it: there are bad managers just as there are bad lawyers, bad plumbers and bad websites.

Yost happens to be the worst of them. This is the second year in a row Milwaukee has cracked. Don't tell me that has nothing to do with managing

Comment

I disagreed with you on your last post because in that particular instance, it was not bad managing. Even though the players are still making some bad plays (not his fault) he looks like a deer in the headlights in the dugout this series. He has not managed the pitching staff well at all. He seems to love certain pitchers and continues to put them in bad spots. YOST
            You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning

Comment

Yost has to go

Comment

Originally posted by PhilJr
                I disagreed with you on your last post because in that particular instance, it was not bad managing. Even though the players are still making some bad plays (not his fault) he looks like a deer in the headlights in the dugout this series. He has not managed the pitching staff well at all. He seems to love certain pitchers and continues to put them in bad spots. YOST

I agree 100%.

Comment

Working...
                X