Pudge to the Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pudge to the Yankees

Pudge to the Yankees for Kyle Farnsworth. Im sure there is more but thats all the details I heard so far.

The New York Yankees have found a replacement for Jorge Posada.

New York acquired catcher Ivan Rodriguez from the Tigers on Wednesday for right-handed pitcher Kyle Farnsworth.

Rodriguez, who is in the final year of his contract, waived his no-trade clause to join the Yankees, sources told ESPN.com.

"He's hitting over .290 I believe and he's been hot so we're looking forward to having him," Yankees manager Joe Girardi said after New York's 13-3 rout of the Orioles on Wednesday.

Farnsworth played for the Tigers in 2005.

Posada, a five-time All-Star catcher, announced he would have season-ending surgery on his right shoulder on Monday. He has struggled with shoulder pain for most of the season, limiting his ability to throw out baserunners and cutting down his playing time behind the plate.

On the disabled list for the second time this year, Posada was trying to rehabilitate his shoulder enough to come back as a designated hitter or first baseman this season. But after the Yankees acquired outfielder Xavier Nady in a trade with Pittsburgh on Saturday, they determined it was best for Posada to have surgery now, general manager Brian Cashman said Monday.

Comment

I don't like the trade for the Yankees
      MLB (2014): (3-4) -.9 units

Comment

Are the Yankees going to be one giant post-steroid rehab ward???

Giambi, Damon, now Pudge?

They oughtta sign Bonds and bring Clemens back, too.

Comment

Originally posted by griswold
          Are the Yankees going to be one giant post-steroid rehab ward???

Giambi, Damon, now Pudge?

They oughtta sign Bonds and bring Clemens back, too.
          U left off Petitte & I'm sure MORE...AROD?

LOL
          FUCK YOU, FUCK ME

Comment

A-Rod is still on steroids so I didn't count him.......

Comment

TRADE MAKES NO SENSE FOR DETROIT

I get trading him because he is in the last year of his contract.But Florida was willing to part with Jacobs or Hermidia to get help at catcher.
              Plus if your tossing in the towel. Get young players. Like maybe a pitcher You know like the one they sent to ATL for Renterias sorry ass

Comment

Funny shit.....at the stands right outside Yankee Stadium there are dudes selling t-shirts....my favorite I saw was "Anyone but Farnsworth". Not many peeps gonna be sad to see him go.

Another fav:

"Bawstan Sux Cack"

Comment

I love this trade! Upgrade over molina! Great defensive catcher with a great arm! Nobody is going to run on us now! Pudge is also a Type A FA so we will get a draft pick for him. Farnsy could not be trusted! He was doing well, but you cant trust him in big spots! I think its a steal for the yankees! Cashman must be holding up GM's at gun point! 2 very good trades so far!!!!

Comment

WTF are the Tigers thinking?!?!?!
                    SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chado1
                      WTF are the Tigers thinking?!?!?!

Cashman is holding on GM's at Gunpoint!!

Comment

Working...
                      X