X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Pierce

Paul Pierce says he's the best player in the world
    By J.E. Skeets

Finals MVP Paul Pierce, who recently spent three days at a ball camp in Madrid, is making, ahem, news about what he said to a Spanish reporter. The money translation, via RedsArmy: "Q: Is Kobe really the best player in the world? Pierce: I don't think Kobe is the best player. I'm the best player. There's a line that separates having confidence and being conceited. I don't cross that line but I have a lot of confidence in myself." Surprisingly, Spurs fans seem more upset by this than actual Lakers fans.

He isn't even the best player on his team
    MLB (2014): (3-4) -.9 units

Comment

Originally posted by weazel079
      He isn't even the best player on his team
      Would he make anyone's list of top-10?

Comment

Who cares?

Paul is obviously living the dream and in the middle of one too.

Comment

His performance in the playoffs made him one of the top 10 best players in my mind. He carried his team through a big part of the playoffs while shutting down some key players throughout the series they were in. Defensive presence, offensive presence, and his leadership. Yes in my Celtic fan biased mind he is a top 10 player.

The best player... all around he could be one of the best but Kobe is the best offensively and I would not even know who to tout as the best defensive player in the league... Garnett, Artest, Camby all come to mind.
          NFL System - Year 1
          Week 2 3-2 +0.8 Units
          Week 3 3-2-1 +0.8 Units
          Week 3 3-3 -0.3 Units
          Week 4 3-2 +0.8 Units
          Week 5 2-3 -1.3 Units
          Week 6 4-1 +2.9 Units
          Week 7 3-0 +3.0 Units
          Week 8 2-3 -2.35 Units
          Week 9 0-1 -1.1 Units
          Season Total 23-17 +3.35 Units

Comment