Kotchman for Teixeira

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kotchman for Teixeira

Angels first baseman Casey Kotchman was pulled off the field during pregame warmups this afternoon at Fenway Park. And there are strong indications he is about to be traded to the Braves for Mark Teixeira, according to a source with knowledge of those discussions. Details are still being finalized, and additional, lesser names are expected to be involved. But Kotchman for Teixeira is the core of this deal.

The latest: A second source with knowledge of these discussions says the Braves will get Kotchman, plus a second lesser name, for Teixeira in a 2-for-1 deal.

I had a feeling this trade was going to happen. GREAT Move by Anaheim and it makes them the clear cut favorite (IMO) to win it all right now!

Comment

The lesser name is

Minor league pitcher Stepen Marek
      You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning

Comment

Cards may be a play tonight.
        Am I the longest tenured BC member?

Comment

Wow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PhilJr
            Minor league pitcher Stepen Marek
            He's good. Not a bad trade for the Braves

Comment

Really good trade for both teams
              MLB (2014): (3-4) -.9 units

Comment

I think the Angels are a team who could keep him after this year too!

Comment

from ESPN.com:
                  One of the biggest names bandied about as Thursday's trade deadline approaches has found a new home.

Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com's Jayson Stark on Tuesday that Atlanta Braves first baseman Mark Teixeira is headed to the Los Angeles Angels for Casey Kotchman and minor league pitcher Steven Marek.

Kotchman was pulled off the field during pregame warmups at Fenway Park on Tuesday afternoon, further fueling speculation that a deal was in place.

Teixeira was traded to the Braves from the Texas Rangers in a deadline deal last season, but he is in the last year of his contract. With Atlanta falling out of contention, it seemed logical that the team would try to move him.

The switch-hitting Teixeira is batting .283 with 20 home runs and 78 RBIs this season.

Kotchman, who is known as much for his defense at first base as his bat, is batting .287 with 12 homers and 54 RBIs for the first-place Angels.

Jayson Stark ****** major league baseball for ESPN

Comment

If the Angels let Tex walk at the end of this year, they get two picks, so not a bad rental. They should resign him however.

Comment

Damn ... that changes that whole lineup and makes it look alot better to me!

Starters, Relievers and a great lineup? FUCK!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Tex is a big upgrade over Kotchman. He'll have another huge second half.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                          Damn ... that changes that whole lineup and makes it look alot better to me!

Starters, Relievers and a great lineup? FUCK!!!!!!!!!

Lackey has dead arm, take the RedSox tonight

Comment

If Gary Mathews Jr would just get back on the juice, they'd even be better

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner
                              Lackey has dead arm, take the RedSox tonight
                              I played the Over instead. Boston always hits Lackey well and Buchholz has been struggling. I would rather root for runs!

Comment

Working...
                              X