Back from 'toga, ready to kill em on the bases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from 'toga, ready to kill em on the bases

I am exhausted after Saratoga opening week, going to the old track Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun and even got three in on Monday before heading to the airport. Finer racing you will not see. 4 graded Breeders Cup "win and you're in" graded stakes races in a row on Saturday, and the place was electric.

Won on some harness racing at Saratoga Harness on Wed night, and won first three days at the Flats, but Sunday was a bust, and Monday broke even for three races, and I am exhausted. Some relaxing vacation, eh?

Bases played sporadically w/o capping, and even won a couple more than I lost. Hampered by little access to computer, as I even found a way to post a GOM, which lost 1-0.

These are capped and ready, resuming run before I left.:

Balt/NYY OVER 10.5 -105
    Balt/NYY OVER 6 ( 1st 5) +100
    Oak/KC UNDER 7.5 -125
    Oak/KC Under 4 ( 1st 5) -120
    Tor/TB Under 7.5 -110
    Tor/TB Under 4 ( 1st 5) -115
    Tor -145
    Min -122
    Col/Pit OVER 10
    Col/Pit OVER 6 ( 1st 5) -115

I like a lot more, but really even this is probably too many to play, but got the fever, and the only ************ is ACTION, baby!

GL all

PS : It is good to be home, even to hot sticky H-town
    You can't always get what you want, but if you try some time, you might find, you get what you need.

Good luck Gramps!

Comment

GL grandpa

Comment

GL Gramps, thankfully you weren't wearing a toga
        You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning

Comment

Damn, I wish I was there.

I ws gonna go Saturday, it was the 1st time in 5 years I didn't go opening weekend.

I plan to go mid week. I have never been to any track on just a normal non-80,000 + people ever.

I am on fire there. Been very selective. I have won 3 of 4 days (didn't play sun or mon).

Good Luck.

I love the SPA!!
          Good Luck to everyone
          Adam

Richie: [after Gus hits a homerun] Wow and he did it without steroids.
          Clark: What's steroids?
          Richie: Something that makes your pee-pee smaller.
          Clark: There must be steroids in macaroni!

Comment

Originally posted by meaiken
            Damn, I wish I was there.

I ws gonna go Saturday, it was the 1st time in 5 years I didn't go opening weekend.

I plan to go mid week. I have never been to any track on just a normal non-80,000 + people ever.

I am on fire there. Been very selective. I have won 3 of 4 days (didn't play sun or mon).

Good Luck.

I love the SPA!!
            Dude it was unreal.

Rained nearly the whole time, which produced alot of Main Track Only and Also Eligible money.

I played damn near every race, and hit some nice tickets.

Thurs: Hit 1st with Stunning Electra ($11.60) and 7th with Visionaire ($6.90) and then Desert Part in the G2 Sanford ( #3.90)
            Fri: Hit $20 DD for $27.80 to get off to $278 head start, and played with house money rest of the day.

Sat : Again open up with Benny the Waiter in the first ($9.90), and then hit big WPS on Stepaside in the 5th. Closed from the clouds down the stretch.
            7th Forever Together was a nice 9:1 winner, closing from the clouds to go 3-0 on the weeds, stretched out to 1 1/8 in the G1 Diana. Hit nothing on Vanderbilt
            9th Ginger Punch was overwhelming favorite ( paid $2.40) and was being boxed in by short field, but drove through, splitting horses in a very determined impressive win in the Go For Wand.
            10th Commentator, the crowd fave, won wire to wire, with nice $10.80 and $6.20 on $100 win/place ticket.

Sunday I struggled a little, perhaps a little tired or a lot lazy, picking winners but managing money poorly and poor bet decisions.

Finally got a good winner in 9th , hitting exacta and trifecta box with Mambo in Seattle on top. Then lost a little with Pyro in the Jim Dandy, to Macho Again. Had a WP, and place paid $3.40 so minor loss there.

Monday had time to get three in before heading to Albany, lost 1st and got it back in 3rd on Win bet on Wanderin Boy.

Can't wait to go back!
            You can't always get what you want, but if you try some time, you might find, you get what you need.

Comment

7-2-1

Read em and weep

I need more attention

Gotta re-read history books.

Go get Astro-Glide

Fuck yourselves real good.

Comment

nice job

Comment

Originally posted by GrandPa
                  Dude it was unreal.

Rained nearly the whole time, which produced alot of Main Track Only and Also Eligible money.

I played damn near every race, and hit some nice tickets.

Thurs: Hit 1st with Stunning Electra ($11.60) and 7th with Visionaire ($6.90) and then Desert Part in the G2 Sanford ( #3.90)
                  Fri: Hit $20 DD for $27.80 to get off to $278 head start, and played with house money rest of the day.

Sat : Again open up with Benny the Waiter in the first ($9.90), and then hit big WPS on Stepaside in the 5th. Closed from the clouds down the stretch.
                  7th Forever Together was a nice 9:1 winner, closing from the clouds to go 3-0 on the weeds, stretched out to 1 1/8 in the G1 Diana. Hit nothing on Vanderbilt
                  9th Ginger Punch was overwhelming favorite ( paid $2.40) and was being boxed in by short field, but drove through, splitting horses in a very determined impressive win in the Go For Wand.
                  10th Commentator, the crowd fave, won wire to wire, with nice $10.80 and $6.20 on $100 win/place ticket.

Sunday I struggled a little, perhaps a little tired or a lot lazy, picking winners but managing money poorly and poor bet decisions.

Finally got a good winner in 9th , hitting exacta and trifecta box with Mambo in Seattle on top. Then lost a little with Pyro in the Jim Dandy, to Macho Again. Had a WP, and place paid $3.40 so minor loss there.

Monday had time to get three in before heading to Albany, lost 1st and got it back in 3rd on Win bet on Wanderin Boy.

Can't wait to go back!

One of my favorite angles to play is AE's and MTO's

Wed-Fri every horse that drew in won. You get good prices b/c people don't like the outside.

Thurs I hit the double with the 3rd and 4th race that pad $220 for $1 (22-1 won the 2nd leg) I had 2 horses with all and got lucky

Friday I hit the Ealry pick 3 for $250 single with 2 with all and got lucky again with a 22-1 shot.

Hit the all stakes pick 4 saturday plus the super in the 8yth and 10th. I loved that 8 horse in the Diania

I might go Friday
                  Good Luck to everyone
                  Adam

Richie: [after Gus hits a homerun] Wow and he did it without steroids.
                  Clark: What's steroids?
                  Richie: Something that makes your pee-pee smaller.
                  Clark: There must be steroids in macaroni!

Comment

Working...
                  X