Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Liriano should be in the majors; This is a freakin joke!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liriano should be in the majors; This is a freakin joke!

Francisco Liriano won his ninth straight decision Tuesday at Triple-A, throwing seven shutout innings while striking out 10.

He gave up just two hits and issued two walks. Liriano has allowed one earned run while fanning 42 batters over his last 35 innings, and is 9-2 with a 3.13 ERA at Triple-A overall. He's clearly one of the Twins' top dozen pitchers at this point, but the team seems unwilling to dump Livan Hernandez from the rotation and have sent mixed signals about using Liriano out of the bullpen. His agent filing a grievance against the team for alleging suppressing Liriano's service time by keeping him in the minors has also upset Twins management, although their anger has seemingly been directed more at his agent.

The guy has already proven when right he is the best pitcher in the game (very limited time, 3 months) and now he has proven that he is the best pitcher in AAA. This guy better make his next start in the majors or something is very wrong here.

PEACE

I don't have any idea what the hell the Twinkies are waiting on???

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
      I don't have any idea what the hell the Twinkies are waiting on???
      http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=436477

It's a big thing between the Twins and Liriano...kinda interesting.

Comment

Their young pitchers are doing well right now,they prob want to save him for the stretch run if they are in it, b/c they know he'll throw his arm out after 4 starts!

Comment

Originally posted by aplous
          Their young pitchers are doing well right now,they prob want to save him for the stretch run if they are in it, b/c they know he'll throw his arm out after 4 starts!
          Save him for what? He is pitching every 5 days on the farm....im about to read that article Rook posted but it might be about his service time and thats bullshit also.

PEACE

Comment

I know his agent has filed a grievance with the leauge b/c there is an issue about serive, arbitration, or something like that. Itis probably addressed in the article, but I'm too lazy to read it.

I'm also hearing that the bullpen is a strong possibility.

Comment

Good article. Seemed to make sense from the Twins standpoint.

Comment

Best pitcher on his team and he is in the minors yah that makes lots of sense

This is 100% about money as they did the same to Johan way back when to get another cheap season out of him.....if they called Liriano in June when they shouldve he mightve been credit for a full season or something.....now its as if this year wont count towards his service time and will give the Twins a free season down the road.

PEACE
                Last edited by MtrCtyPimp; 07-24-2008, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gookis
                  Good article. Seemed to make sense from the Twins standpoint.

I tend to agree....but it's tough to not make a spot in the rotation for him with all he's doing right now

Comment

Thought this guy was the next Santana...It appears he's back in form. Bring his ass up!
                    Great Day To Win

MLB 2008 (19-23-1) +3.0 units

NBA 08-09 (10-7) + 1.59 units

GOY (4-1)

Comment

Working...
                    X