Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start printing World Series tix today!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start printing World Series tix today!!!

The Houston Astros have acquired ace lefthander Randy Wolf from the last-place Padres, a move sure to lift the Astros from 5th in the NL Central to now becoming favorites to win it all.

Wolf is 1-6 on the road with a nearly 7 ERA, and should solve all of the woes of the struggling rotation.

While many teams are in full-blown sale mode, looking to bolster the long-term future, the Houston organization is demonstrating its desire to win it all now through shrewd moves by stellar GM Ed Wade, who not coincidentally was associated with Wolf in his landmark days in Philly.

Meanwhile Luke Scott was named AL Player of the Week in the short week last week. Scott was one of the five players the Astros gave to the Orioles the day before the Mitchell report was released, with Tejada's name prominent in the publication. Talk about getting the right price on a deal, flim-flam man Wade pulled the wool over yet another franchise with that thrifty move.

Stay tuned for more larceny from Wade.
    You can't always get what you want, but if you try some time, you might find, you get what you need.

Maybe he thinks he can get more for him than he gave up? Otherwise this ranks up there in stupidity with the Pirates trading for Matt Morris last year.

PEACE

Comment

Comment

Some pundits are saying this deal will be shot down by the commissioner Bud Selig, whose Brewers reside in the same hotly contested division, citing unbalanced trade value, and is looking to reprimand the Padres brass.
        You can't always get what you want, but if you try some time, you might find, you get what you need.

Comment

Maybe he can get a win for My fantasy team now ......

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
            Maybe he can get a win for My fantasy team now ......
            Your team sux

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
              Your team sux

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
                Your team sux
                Mine doesnt, so far

PEACE

Comment

Originally posted by MtrCtyPimp
                  Mine doesnt, so far

PEACE

I'm hoping some of the guys with very few moves remaining, start getting hit with the injury bug!

Comment

I was doing well and then just fell like a rock right before the break. I need to make some moves!

Comment

Signed,

Chados fantasy baseball team..
                      SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X