Phils reach agreement on Blanton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phils reach agreement on Blanton

The Phillies have reached an agreement with the Oakland Athletics to acquire right-handed pitcher Joe Blanton. Blanton is 5-12 this season after going 14-10 with a 3.95 ERA last season.

The Athletics get second baseman Adrian Cardenas, pitcher Josh Outman and outfielder Matthew Spencer, all minor leaguers.

I haven't watched this guy pitch this year...is this a good move for the Phils?

Comment

He can eat up some innings for you all. He'll win a few more games as well imo with that Phils lineup giving him more run support. Not a bad move, but I know nothing about those minor leaguers keep in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by BigMike
        I haven't watched this guy pitch this year...is this a good move for the Phils?

Shit -- they can use starting pitchers -- Hopefully this guy is better that Myers or Eaton for you guys

Comment

Originally posted by GOLDENGREEK
          Shit -- they can use starting pitchers -- Hopefully this guy is better that Myers or Eaton for you guys
          Has to be better than Eaton At least Myers has some potential to turn it around

Comment

Not bad, but not much potential to be great. He doesn't K many along with giving up too many walks. 5-12 record this year is a little deceiving because he got fewer than 3 runs in support per start.

Comment

Working...
            X