FUCK YOU Fvare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BearDown
    GREEN BAY, Wis. -- The Green Bay Packers' general manager and coach say they don't plan to grant Brett Favre's request for his release.

GM Ted Thompson and coach Mike McCarthy told the Associated Press on Saturday that the star quarterback was welcome to rejoin the team but would have to be a backup.

It was their first public comments since Favre demanded his release this week. Favre held a tearful news conference to announce his retirement March 6.

Thompson and McCarthy did not want to discuss a possible trade. Thompson said he had not received any inquiries as of Saturday morning.

AP NEWS
    The Associated Press News Service

I guess this is the Packers way of deciding were he will go. Who want's Bret, and what are you willing to give up to get him.

I think he will end up on a AFC team and i hope it isn't Miami or the Jets to be honest. I think both would LOVE to have him. I also think he will sign a 2 year deal with the team he ends up on. I think he seems re-energized and i think a new team will get him excited to play again. He will give it 2 years in a new place and see if they can build/win something.

Brett Favre in New York? In Miami??

Do you know how big he would be in those cities??? WOW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
      Well, to be honest, i was never a big Marino fan either. I don't know, besides being a fan of the Patriots, i'm a bigger fan of the NFL and Favre left me with many memories. I thought he was great last year and i don't see any reason why he couldn't do it again. The guy ran around during his whole career playing football on the fly and like it was in the backyard. You never knew where or when he was going to let it fly. I thought he was always really exciting to watch and i still don't get all of the anger here. He changed his mind again. So what?
      I agree ... very exciting to watch ... Loved his style, his drive and his will to win ...

Wayne, you would have loved Fran Tarkington ... but then again, with the way the rules are today he would not be able to scramble half as much ...

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03
        Why would the Ravens be 'stupid' to bring Favre in for a year and let Flaco sit a year on the bench. It's a great fit for Ravens and Favre.

Not really where the Ravens are heading Frank. They have a new coach, new direction, this team is going to be unloading some Vets not picking more up. Ogden retired, the O-line is young and not very good. Troy Smith or Kyle Boller can fill in and both are mobile enough until the Ravens O-Line comes together and Flacco is ready.

The Ravens should have won it all with another "veteran legend" - McNair with the defense they had 2 years ago. The loss to the Colts at home was thanks to his INT's.

Ravens need to build a legend not buy one who is at the end of his career.

Not saying McNAir is in Farve's league, but Farve has a better team in Green Bay with better weapons. He is the "stupid" one for leaving them in the first place.
        NBA is a joke

Comment

Originally posted by Spark
          Wayne, you would have loved Fran Tarkington ... but then again, with the way the rules are today he would not be able to scramble half as much ...
          Tarkington was my favorite Giant player. He was exciting to watch.

Comment

Working...
          X