Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CFL is Back!!! Week 1 Picks with Chado!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFL is Back!!! Week 1 Picks with Chado!!!

Sup fellas?

Its that beautfiul time of year again where football begins. Well at least the Canadian version of it anyway..

Week 1 begins tomorrow night with a double header. There is one game Friday night and finally another one on Saturday night to complete the first week of the 2008 CFL regular season schedule.

Just dug up my last years CFL season posted record and it was:

32-20 for +18.18 units

Pretty much killed it all last year and won 10 in a row ATS at one point which was just simply ridiculous. Very tough task to do better than that but lets just hope its another profitable season. Last season I had a 1-3 unit rating and a 5 unit on my GOY but what I have learned from Spark (he is my capping idol) is to play everything for the same amount because in the long run it seems you will win the small plays and lose the big ones so whats the point right? Tough to read the future and determine why this play is a big one that will hit as opposed to a small one that may not right? So with that being said this season I am playing everything for ONE UNIT only all year as I will be doing with my NHL picks aswell come October.

Anyway lets kick off this new year with a great start and here are my picks for week 1:

Thursday, June 26th, 2008

Montreal Alouettes @ Hamilton Tiger Cats - Starts @ 7:00 PM EST

MONTREAL ALOUETTES ML (+110)

British Columbia Lions @ Calgary Stampeders - Starts @ 10:00 PM EST

BRITISH COLUMBIA LIONS -2.5 (-110)

Friday, June 27th, 2008

Toronto Argonauts @ Winnipeg Blue Bombers - Starts @ 8:00 PM EST

WINNIPEG BLUE BOMBERS -2.0 (-110)

Saturday, June 28th, 2008

Edmonton Eskimos @ Saskatchewan Rough Riders - Starts @ 7:30 PM EST

EDMONTON ESKIMOS +7.0 (-120)

All picks are for one unit each...

AS ALWAYS, GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!
    Last edited by Chado1; 06-25-2008, 02:23 PM.
    SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Talking in the 3rd person eh Lol GL man

Comment

Originally posted by LVJimmy
      What?

Comment

I'll follow you Chado

Comment

Good luck buddy!

Comment

Originally posted by LVJimmy

BOL Tool shed
            Questions, comments, complaints:
            [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by jcindaville

BOL Tool shed
              I have no clue what Jimmy meant by what he said...

Comment

good luck with tha picks, Bro!

Comment

gl with the cfl chado
                  twitter: @JumpouttheJim

Comment

Originally posted by Chado1
                    [B]Montreal Alouettes

I love that team name...
                    Good Luck Chado!!

Comment

chado...hittum hard in cfl this year & bol

totally agree on keeping units almost the same !

Comment

Originally posted by beerball101
                        chado...hittum hard in cfl this year & bol

totally agree on keeping units almost the same !
                        Exactly...may not win as much but definately lose less..

Comment

Originally posted by Chado1
                          Exactly...may not win as much but definately lose less..
                          yea bro......had many days that went 3-1 but lost money....

damn, it would just totally piss me off!

Comment

Chado, what are you basing your picks on. Is there a pre-season in the CFL and did you follow it?
                            Nothing is as far away as one minute ago.

Comment

Originally posted by NEJAKE
                              Chado, what are you basing your picks on. Is there a pre-season in the CFL and did you follow it?
                              Followed pre-season a little...

Watched like 5 Canadian Sportscentre CFL team and season previews...

Reviewed and researched all of the teams trades and aquisitions...pretty much who they picked up...who they still have....who they got rid of and so on and so forth...

I have a good feel from reading a ton of articles and watching the season preview shows up here who will be good and who wont this season....

Best team in the entire CFL will be the BC Lions IMO....they should win the West hands down as they are the most balanced all arond team this year....Calgary and Saskatchewan will be fighting for 2nd place as this may (or may not) be a down year for the defending Champs as they traded their QB Kerry Joseph to the Argos....they will be going with Marcus Crandell now...also they lost Fred Perry and have a ton of holes to fill...they have a new head coach...etc etc...the Edmonton Esks should finish 3rd or 4th depedning on how well their defense can step it up this year but they should make the playoffs on the cross over and in the end Edmonton, Montreal, and Hamilton will be battling for the 5th and 6th playoff spots....

Heres how I got it...

East:

---Toronto or Winnipeg (will both be very strong teams this year. Both have great defenses and mediocre offense but the difference between this years Argos offense and last season is they should be able to put it in the endzone a little more with Kerry Joseph at the helm and not all thos QB controversies they experiences throughout last season...their defense is has and will be strong again and now their offense has strengthened but chemisty is always an issue when things are new right....Winnipeg also with a great defense and not a ton of changes from last year...they have Kevin Glenn at QB and Milt Stegall at WR and that a 1 2 combo not a lot of teams can match from the offensive side of the ball so either way these two teams will finish 1 and 2 regardless but just a matter of who will be 1 and who will be 2).....

---Montreal or Hamilton (both team should be fighting for a playoff spot and who comes on top is tough to say. The Als still have Anthony Calvillo coming back at QB after returning from taking the end of last season off to spend time with his wife and they do have one of the best receivers in the league in Ben Cahoon but he out with a quad injury so it depends whether he can come back and be healthy....Hamilton only won 3 games all last season and will rely heavily on Casey Printers and Jesse Lumsden at RB to play a major role in the teams offensive prduction this year...they are a very young team with a poor defense so it all depends on the end result)...

West:

BC Lions 1st place hands down....

2nd and 3rd will be a battle between Calgary and Sakatchewan who comes 2nd is to be decided but both team will fight for it...the defending champs have Marcus Crandell at QB while interception happy Henry Burris can never be heavily relied on so Dickenson may take over his job mid season who knows...Sakatchewan strong defense and the Stamps on the other side not so much so hard to say but both should finish ahead of Edmonton IMO...

4th place Edmonton Esks....defense question marks...offense run by veteran QB Ricky Ray can score but can they defend?

in the CFL a cross over occurs from the East and West based on points so even if Edmonton finishes last in the West they can still get in over Montreal or Hamilton.....

Hope this helps...looks good on paper anyway..

GL brother and lets have a good season again!!!
                              Last edited by Chado1; 06-25-2008, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X