This is what scares me about the RedSox tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is what scares me about the RedSox tonight

BOS-OF-Ramirez-Questionable, DH-Ortiz-OUT (DL)BOS-C-Vartiek-Doubtful, 1B-Youkilis-NOT expected to start

Gris, Spark, Kaptain, I know you guys all played the RedSox, any worries about this?

Comment

From what i heard, Manny was playing. JD Drew has been on fire in Big Papi's spot and the Sox have not missed a beat there and i think Youk is getting the start of the night off so they can start a lefty vs Harang and it happens to be the famous "Mayor" of Cincy. Sean Casey. That is why i think he is starting back in Cincy tonight. He might play well and he should get a good hand!

Comment

I figured Manny would play, but definitely not the same lineup without Youkilis and Vartiek. Still a good lineup with Drew and Ellisbury. Harang has been bad lately.

Comment

harang has been awful especially in nights games (1-6 5.91 era opponents hitting .337) and masterson has been masterful (lefties hitting .186 righties hitting .150)

Comment

Originally posted by DDP713
            harang has been awful especially in nights games (1-6 5.91 era opponents hitting .337) and masterson has been masterful (lefties hitting .186 righties hitting .150)
            The thing is, Harang should get better and Masterson should get worse.

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner
              The thing is, Harang should get better and Masterson should get worse.
              Can you give us a reason for this?

PK
              No thrills, frills, spills or write-ups. Just givin ya the winners everyday.

Comment

Red Sox OF Manny Ramirez (.302; hamstring) IS expected to start tonight at Cincinnati.
                BEHIND EVERY GAMBLING MAN'S FAILURE STANDS A WOMAN

Comment

I'm on the Red Sox. Even if a couple of guys are out, the Reds are not a good team and the pitching matchup, in my opinion, favors Boston. (I like Masterson a whole lot.)

Comment

Originally posted by poskid
                    Can you give us a reason for this?

PK
                    Yes I can. I'm basing it on these two things

Harang's history. 16-11 two years ago with a good era, 16-6 last year with a good era, both years he's had huge strikeout numbers. If you think he's gonna go 4-18 this year with a high era, so be it, but I disagree, I think he'll start winning some games.

Masterson's 3-0 2.59 ERA currently, but it's a small sample size, if you look at his A and AA numbers his ERA was always around 4. Again, if you think he's gonna go 15-0 and win the Cy Young so be it, but I think these things start even themselves out. And I've watched a lot of baseball. Good luck whatever you play.

Comment

Originally posted by griswold
                      I'm on the Red Sox. Even if a couple of guys are out, the Reds are not a good team and the pitching matchup, in my opinion, favors Boston. (I like Masterson a whole lot.)
                      I respect the play Gris, just throwing out my two cents. RedSox are a great team, and you get them as a dog against a Reds team that's not playing good ball.

Comment

Originally posted by checkers
                        Red Sox OF Manny Ramirez (.302; hamstring) IS expected to start tonight at Cincinnati.
                        Manny is playing, that makes a difference. The over 9 might be the play

Comment

Keep this stat in mind as well

Boston is 4-10 SU in its last 14 games on the road
                          Cincinnati is 13-3 SU in its last 16 games at home

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner
                            Keep this stat in mind as well

Boston is 4-10 SU in its last 14 games on the road
                            Cincinnati is 13-3 SU in its last 16 games at home
                            That's true, but Boston was playing AL teams and Cincy was playing NL teams.

Nonetheless, the home/road stats is the only thing that gives me concern.

My strong prediction is that at the end of this interleague round, the AL will be at least ten games ahead

Comment

Anyone have Inter-League records? I think Boston has been downright dominant over the NL the last few years.

Comment

Working...
                              X