Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is The Nba Fixed / Scripted / Influenced By Officials And David Stern

What Do U Think ?
    HELL YES ITS FIXED !!! ARE U BLIND , STUPID OR JUST GULLIBLE??
    17.39%
    NO ITS NOT -- YOU ARE A WHINER AND A CONSPIRANCY THEORIST NUTJOB
    8.70%
    YES -- BUT JUST A FEW DIRTY OFFICIALS -- NOT THE PLAYERS OR STERN
    32.61%
    YES THE WHOLE LEAUGE IS CORRUPT INCLUDING STERN
    21.74%
    WHO GIVES A SHIT -- IM TIRED OF HEARING ABOUT IT
    19.57%

The poll is expired.

It's a tough call there Greek.The games always seem to come down to the end and free throws are so huge that it's tough to see how they could pull off the fix anytime they wanted.I always said if you want to feel the excitement of gambling put a shit load of money on a basketball game and watch the last two minutes.You would be a nervous wreck the whole time.The refs could and have changed the outcome of the game but Imo it's an isolated incident with one or maybe two refs.This could be a debate in college debate class and both sides would have some great points but it's tough to say who would win.

Comment

beleive Tim Donaghy!!!!He decide to come clean just like Canseco on roids.Sterns view on how the NBA players should dress and tattoos is a joke.
      Sure its a thug league but thats what happens when 18 year old's enter the NBA and get paid big money.His expersions on tv make me want to puke. Stern Thinks everything is so damn funny.Look at some of David Sterns quotes.

NBA commissioner David Stern flatly denied the allegations Tuesday, dismissing Donaghy's accusations as a desperate attempt to ease his sentence.

My reaction ... is that clearly as the date of sentencing gets closer and the things (Donaghy's) thrown against the wall haven't stuck, he's rehashing a variety of things that have been given to the FBI, have been investigated and are baseless," Stern told reporters.

"He's a singing, cooperating witness trying to get as light a sentence as he can."

Donaghy's not tring to get a reduced sentence.He is fed up with David Stern saying he is the only one!!!He is coming clean and telling the truth about what he and other refs did.
      The truth is everyone in Sports wants a Edge
      Donaghy wants money.(So be it, he is tired of 60k a year)
      Patroits video games(Losers)
      Baseball players juicing(been going on forever)
      And it took this long for these problems to surface.With the technology we have now and hidden cameras and peoples big mouths this is what happens.
      I am glad this finally has come to a head so the people that are in the closet that think the world is perfect like (David Stern) can see the harsh reality of sports and the billions bet on it daily.We as daily Gamblers know more about sports than any other people in the world.We seee every angle of the game.

You don't seriously expect Stern to admit to anything do you??

Its deny, deny, and then deny some more.....until there is irrefutable evidence such that he cannot deny it any longer.

Stern is saying the same thing about Donaghy that others were saying about Canseco when his book was released....."He is just trying to sell his book with his claims of rampant steroid use in MLB."
      Last edited by GOLDENGREEK; 06-12-2008, 03:02 PM.

Comment

At least no one thinks you are a nut job yet!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spark
          At least no one thinks you are a nut job yet!!!!

kapt just voted

Comment

Originally posted by GOLDENGREEK
            kapt just voted
            Whoops ... I talked too soon ...

Comment

Maybe 3 or 4 games over the last 15- 20 years. Too many people need to know about it and word would eventually get out, like it to with TD. But too believe every game and every whistle is a result of someone having a side or total is crazy.

there is an obvious home court advantage...not only do officials call the game differently (and I believe it is sub-conscious) but players play differently. Boston drove less to the hoop the other night than they have and the Lakers drove more often than they did in G1 and 2.

Maybe I am naive, but I'd like to think the the game is 99.999999999999% clean.
              Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Originally posted by Three Jack
                Maybe 3 or 4 games over the last 15- 20 years. Too many people need to know about it and word would eventually get out, like it to with TD. But too believe every game and every whistle is a result of someone having a side or total is crazy.

there is an obvious home court advantage...not only do officials call the game differently (and I believe it is sub-conscious) but players play differently. Boston drove less to the hoop the other night than they have and the Lakers drove more often than they did in G1 and 2.

Maybe I am naive, but I'd like to think the the game is 99.999999999999% clean.

Comment

Originally posted by GOLDENGREEK

I know, I know...but I am not so quick to trust a convicted felon. His wife knew him better than anyone and divorced him for 'years of deceit'. Now everyone wants to believe the guy? I need to see more. Stern needs to investigate and let it run its course.

The public is so quick to take the side of the scandal.

Comment

I know, I know...but I am not so quick to trust a convicted felon. His wife knew him better than anyone and divorced him for 'years of deceit'. Now everyone wants to believe the guy? I need to see more. Stern needs to investigate and let it run its course.

PLEASE READ -- IF U DONT WANT TO READ THE ARTICLE - READ FRANKS POSTS IN THERE

http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=148246

Last edited by GOLDENGREEK; 06-12-2008, 04:18 PM.

Comment

I know, I know...but I am not so quick to trust a convicted felon.
                      Come on! He's not a drug user or drug dealer etc. He's a convicted felon for fixing and betting on some games. I wouldn't put him in the class with other felons.

The guy got caught. Now he's blowing the whistle on others. He really has no motive to lie. There's no guarantee he'll have his sentence reduced. You sound like Stern trying to discredit him because of his past actions.

Comment

I disagree. The public is so quick to side because of very bad and shady officiating. As I suggested in Greek's other thread when there's a 47-6 discrepancy in foul shots it can't be one and only one ref. The way basketball is played it's impossible for me to comprehend a discrepancy that lopsided.

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03
                          Come on! He's not a drug user or drug dealer etc. He's a convicted felon for fixing and betting on some games. I wouldn't put him in the class with other felons.

The guy got caught. Now he's blowing the whistle on others. He really has no motive to lie. There's no guarantee he'll have his sentence reduced. You sound like Stern trying to discredit him because of his past actions.
                          I am I discrediting him when I said there should be an investigation based on what he claims? Discrediting would be blowing him off, saying he is lying and not validating a word he speaks. Where did I recommend that happen?

Unlike the rest of the public, I like to wait and see how things pan out. Thank God we didn't take the chick in NC for her word about about the Duke lacrosse team. Completely unrelated topic, but a case where the public likes to side with the 'story' and I like to wait and see how things play out before passing judgement on the first thing you read or hear.

Comment

News flash:

This just in.....beep beep beep beep beep....

Home court is an advantage in sports. Leagues have even seen fit to reward teams with the best regular season records with more home games in the playoffs. This development has come as a big surprise to many. Many others are shocked to discover that home teams win more games than visiting teams, across the board, in every sport.

Next up:

Rumors persist that smoking causes emphysema and lung cancer. Be sure to tune in for this revelation at 11 tonight right here
                            You can't always get what you want, but if you try some time, you might find, you get what you need.

Comment

I know you can't change your vote, but if I could, I would change it from option 1 to option 4(the entire league being corrupt including Stern).

Comment

Working...
                              X