Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you guys think about the series price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys think about the series price?

For the NBA Championship. -120 for the Celtics who are already up 2 games, or +100 for the Laker team that was a heavy favorite. I'm thinking -120 is a steal up 2 game to 0. Lakers can't win 3 in a row in LA, can they?

I got the LA at +140 and took them for a small amount...i think they can definitely turn this series around, but it all starts tonight...MUST WIN for them...

Comment

Definitely a must win tonight and I think they do, but will they win all 3 home games? -120 for a team up 2 games 0 seems pretty solid especially the way the Lakers have looked. If they looked good in the loses it would be a different story.

Comment

If you think the Lakers win tonight, wait to bet the Cs after tonight's game...line should drop slightly.

Comment

I have -140 and +120 for the series right now. I agree with you that -120 for the Celtics is a pretty good line right now. Aside from the Mavericks in '06, I cannot think of a team that has lost after being up 2-0.

Comment

Originally posted by shoeman530
            I have -140 and +120 for the series right now. I agree with you that -120 for the Celtics is a pretty good line right now. Aside from the Mavericks in '06, I cannot think of a team that has lost after being up 2-0.
            I believe the stat is 22-3 for teams up 2-0.....

Comment

I have the Celts -140. Previously bet them at +175 and +140. Im good with sticking with my first two wagers.
              NFL System - Year 1
              Week 2 3-2 +0.8 Units
              Week 3 3-2-1 +0.8 Units
              Week 3 3-3 -0.3 Units
              Week 4 3-2 +0.8 Units
              Week 5 2-3 -1.3 Units
              Week 6 4-1 +2.9 Units
              Week 7 3-0 +3.0 Units
              Week 8 2-3 -2.35 Units
              Week 9 0-1 -1.1 Units
              Season Total 23-17 +3.35 Units

Comment

Yeah, this is an odd spot to be in. I can't remember the last time a series dog had home court advantage in a 2-3-2 series and won the first 2 games. I might bite at -120.

Comment

Originally posted by ctt8410
                  Yeah, this is an odd spot to be in. I can't remember the last time a series dog had home court advantage in a 2-3-2 series and won the first 2 games. I might bite at -120.
                  That's what I'm thinking too. I think the Celtics can play them tough tonight as well as all three games in LA. Defense wins championships.

Comment

By way of thinking, the Celtics should have been a 140 favorite before the series even started(not the absurd -190 for the Lakers) based on record during the regular season, head to head matchups, home court advantage, etc.
                    The right line now with just about any other team in any other sport under normal betting would be the team up 2-0 in games(in this case the Celtics) about -190-200 or even higher.
                    Last edited by savage1; 06-10-2008, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Teams that have been up 2-0 in the Finals have converted 89% of the time, losing only 3 times.

The only time I know of that the team with the middle 3 games at home went 3-0 was Detroit a few years back against...these Los Angeles Lakers. In other words, more often than not, the home team goes 2-1 or 1-2.

Should Boston win one road game, they would only need to win one game at home.

I got Boston at +125 before G2, and will probably lay some more on Bos -125 before tonight's game.
                      You can't always get what you want, but if you try some time, you might find, you get what you need.

Comment

I bet if Lakers really wallop Cetics tonight by more than 20 points, they will be favored for series by upwards of MINUS 145, even though they will still be trailing 2-1 in games.

Comment

If you like the Celts, wait til after tonight's game. They'll go to +120 if LA wins tonight

Comment

Originally posted by griswold
                            If you like the Celts, wait til after tonight's game. They'll go to +120 if LA wins tonight

WAS JUST ABOUT TO SAY THE SAME THING
                            MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
                            HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                            0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

-120 was a steal

Comment