• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wayne1218
    This guy is too much for me. Shut Up!
    Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Any chance Dutrow wagered every penny he has earned so far on Big Brown and lost it all?

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
        Any chance Dutrow wagered every penny he has earned so far on Big Brown and lost it all?
        Unlike other sports trainers and owners often bet on their own horse.

Comment

I've made it clear on this forum what I think of Dutrow and this at least proves it for the non-horseplayers who don't follow it as closely.

If Big Brown had won, Desormeaux would have been a genius for knowing enough not to let himself get boxed in by the other rides (as they were clearly attempting to do).

Big Brown lost because he couldn't get the distance and was a tired horse---the same thing that has stopped so many other seemingly invincible horses in the Belmont. It had nothing to do with Desormeaux.

Dutrow, with his seven suspensions in seven years, is a cancer on horse racing. His owners, the pennystock fraudsters, are equally slimy. I'm glad they lost (no offense to those who bet on the horse; it's not Big Brown's fauly his owners and trainer are dickheads).

Comment

Fuck this piece of shit. I'd like to see someone go to the soup kitchen he eats at and crack his skull until the white meat shows.

I'm sick of hearing about him and the horse. What about hearing some good things about THE HORSE WHO WON THE BELMONT??
            He who wears diaper knows his shit - Confucius

Comment

Someone should do a "Big Brown" on Dutrow when he(Dutrow) is sleeping.

Comment

Originally posted by savage1
                Someone should do a "Big Brown" on Dutrow when he(Dutrow) is sleeping.
                LMFAO UNCLE SAVVY !!
                DON'T YOU EAT THE YELLOW SNOW !! PS-MARVIN LOVES SPLIT SALAD !!

Comment

Originally posted by WayneChung
                  LMFAO UNCLE SAVVY !!
                  Chungster-for some reason, every time I hear the words "Big Brown" mentioned, I think of the song Big Bad John from the early 60's.
                  Do you remember that one?(I am sure you do remember Big Bad Leroy Brown, which is actually closer to name Big Brown-pardon my ignorance, but do you know if the name of the horse was possibly derived from the song?).
                  Last edited by savage1; 06-10-2008, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Chungster-for some reason, every time I hear the words "Big Brown" mentioned, I think of the song Big Bad John from the early 60's.
                    Do you remember that one?(I am sure you do remember Big Bad Leroy Brown, which is actually closer to name Big Brown-pardon my ignorance, but do you know if the name of the horse was possibly derived from the song?).
                    DO NOT KNOW,BUT DO VAGUELY REMEMBER THE SONG MY FRIEND !!
                    DON'T YOU EAT THE YELLOW SNOW !! PS-MARVIN LOVES SPLIT SALAD !!

Comment

HERE YOU GO SAVAGE:

Barbara Barker
                      2:01 PM EDT, May 28, 2008

At first, I loved the name Big Brown. It sounded kind of barn-like, kind of earthy, kind of like the punch line to one of my 8-year-old daughter's potty-humor jokes.

I still sort of liked the name after I found out its genesis -- that Paul Pompa, Jr, the owner of Truck-Rite Corp. in Brooklyn, christened the colt Big Brown after renewing a freight contract with UPS.

But when UPS signed on to a marketing deal after Big Brown won the Kentucky Derby, I started to get worried. Could this be the new wave of the future? Are we going to start seeing a Triple Crown field with horses named Google and Bank of America and GoDaddy.com?

Thankfully, this is one of the few areas left in sports where a naming right can't be sold, or can't be sold without great trickery and difficulty. Names are such an important part of racing that they actually have to be approved. The Jockey Club signs off on every name, rejecting as many as a third every year mostly because they match existing names. (Names now can be reused every 10 years).

The club also rejects names that have an obvious commercial significance, are longer than 18 characters, are the name of a notorious person, or breach a copyright. Also forbidden are names that are "suggestive or have a vulgar or obscene meaning: names considered in poor taste; or names that may be offensive to religious, political or the ethnic group."

Comment

Thanks Shoeman-I still didn't quite the meaning until I found this:

United Parcel Service, Inc. (NYSE: UPS), commonly referred to as UPS, is the world's largest package delivery company. UPS delivers more than 15 million packages[1] a day to 6.1 million customers in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. Since 2005, its operations include logistics and other transportation-related areas. It has been headquartered in Sandy Springs, Georgia, USA since 1991; headquarters had previously been located in New York City from 1930 until 1975 when it moved to Greenwich, Connecticut.

UPS is well known for its brown trucks, internally known as package cars (hence the company nickname "The Big Brown Machine"). UPS also operates its own airline (IATA: 5X, ICAO: UPS, and Callsign: UPS ) based in Louisville, Kentucky.

UPS also owns The UPS Store (formerly Mail Boxes Etc.), a franchise chain which provides shipping, packaging, and copy services.

Comment

amazingly i agree with everything said in this entire thread. i love the part though after the derby, the announcer asked him point blank if he was betting big brown to win, and he,on national tv,lied to all of america. god forbid his horse pay 10 cents less on the dollar, im really out of words for this guy. gc

Comment

Working...
                          X