ode to the tough old school guys !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ode to the tough old school guys !!

most of you have one,a tough ole buddy who has lost a major organ,has had heart bypass surgery,sleeps with a sleep apnea machine,the health list goes on and on,yet this guy is out there grinding away at the poker tables everyday,well i lost one today,he was a retired metro nashville fireman and probably breathed in a little too much smoke keeping the good citizens of nashville safe,the moral of this story is,he never complained about his health issues,he was bigtime old school,he had those old sayings when a good looking cocktail waitress would come up to the table,like "damn baby,you would make a freight train take a dirt road",they always smiled at his sayings,he had one for every occasion,i remember one time with him we were walking up to a 15-30 hold-em game with about 4 japs at the table,he started going "pearl harbor,pearl harbor,pearl harbor"-i almost pissed myself laughing,then we proceeded to win most of the money at the table // I AM QUITE TORE UP OVER LOSING MY BUDDY BUT IF YOU HAVE AN OLD FRIEND LIKE THIS,LET HIM OR HER KNOW WHAT THEY MEAN TO YOU-THEY ARE A RARE BREED AND MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE !!
    DON'T YOU EAT THE YELLOW SNOW !! PS-MARVIN LOVES SPLIT SALAD !!

Nothing better than old school, you can learn alot!
    Sorry about your loss buddy.
    Nothing is as far away as one minute ago.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend Chunger....keep your head up pal...
      SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

my ole buddy rolled a tres !! BUMP !!

Comment

R.I.P. Chunger's Ole buddy

Comment

anybody got any good stories to tell about some old school toughies-living or dead-please share-thank you chunger...

Comment

Originally posted by WayneChung
              my ole buddy rolled a tres !! BUMP !!
              rolling a tres was one of my buddy's favorite lines when somebody was going really bad gambling or when somebody moved on to the next life...

Comment

bump...

Comment

Sorry for your lose CHUNGSTER!!!

R.I.P.

Comment

Chung---nice of you to remember you buddy as you just did....I can tell ya'll were close.....

Some of the Old School. tough ass guys are gone, and some still linger....lets learn from them...

Sorry about your loss, but I'm sure there are some beautiful memories to keep ya smiling...

as always----capatolie

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Chung,
                      Sorry for your loss.
                      Always tough to lose someone that makes us laugh.
                      Sounds like he made an impact on those that knew him.
                      RIP to Old School!

Comment

Sorry for your loss Chung. Keep your head up buddy!

Comment

Sorry to hear about the loss of your buddy Chung ....

Comment

anybody got any good stories to tell about some old school toughies-living or dead-please share-thank you chunger...
                            WOULD LIVE TO HEAR SOME ANTICS IF ANY OF YOU GUYS HAVE SOME BUDDIES LIKE THIS-WHETHER THEY BE LIVING OR DEAD-THESE PEOPLE MAKE THE WORLD A FUN PLACE !!

Comment

WOULD LIVE TO HEAR SOME ANTICS IF ANY OF YOU GUYS HAVE SOME BUDDIES LIKE THIS-WHETHER THEY BE LIVING OR DEAD-THESE PEOPLE MAKE THE WORLD A FUN PLACE !!
                              nobody got any old school toughie stories ???

Comment

Working...
                              X