Mike Vanderjagt Signs with the Toronto Argonauts of the CFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Vanderjagt Signs with the Toronto Argonauts of the CFL

Mike Vanderjagt, the ex-Indianapolis Colt whom Peyton Manning famously referred to as "our idiot kicker," has signed a free-agent contract with the Toronto Argonauts.

And just as Vanderjagt was among the NFL's least popular players, he's already got a nemesis up in Canada: The kicker he's supplanting, Noel Prefontaine, who tells the Toronto Star:

"It hurts, really," he said. "I made my life here in Toronto. I wanted to retire as an Argo. This disrupts a lot with my family."

Vanderjagt was once among the NFL's most accurate field goal kickers, but he has a weak leg for kickoffs and hasn't played anywhere in 18 months. I'd like to give the Argos' front office the benefit of the doubt and assume they know what they're doing in bringing him back to the CFL, but I wouldn't be surprised if Prefontaine has a better season than Vanderjagt

SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

about the CFL.

Comment

Not too many people longnex but I sure know you give a fuck about me you stalking homo..
      SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Good place for that fuckin drunk!!!!!!!!!!!

He'll fit in perfectly!
        Nothing is as far away as one minute ago.

Comment

Originally posted by NEJAKE
          Good place for that fuckin drunk!!!!!!!!!!!

He'll fit in perfectly!

I AGREE WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM.HIS FALL FROM THE TOP WAS A COMPLETE DROP.HELL MORTEN ANDERSON WAS STILL KICKING IN THE LEAGUE WITH THE FALCONS LAST YEAR.HE WENT FROM BEING AN ALL-PRO TO CFL IN A MATTER OF 2 YEARS.STILL THINKS HE WILL BE PICKED UP IN THE NFL AGAIN AN ACURATE LEG IS TO VALUABLE IN THE NFL.LIKE A LEFT HANDED RELIEVER EVERY TEAM NEEDS ONE
          MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
          HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
          0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Originally posted by tech fan
            I AGREE WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM.HIS FALL FROM THE TOP WAS A COMPLETE DROP.HELL MORTEN ANDERSON WAS STILL KICKING IN THE LEAGUE WITH THE FALCONS LAST YEAR.HE WENT FROM BEING AN ALL-PRO TO CFL IN A MATTER OF 2 YEARS.STILL THINKS HE WILL BE PICKED UP IN THE NFL AGAIN AN ACURATE LEG IS TO VALUABLE IN THE NFL.LIKE A LEFT HANDED RELIEVER EVERY TEAM NEEDS ONE
            No kidding...I'd kill to have his talent as a kicker, too bad he didn't have a handle on his drinking. Who knows, maybe he's in Chados program and is cleaning himself up. Quite a fall from grace though.

A place kicker in the NFL is my dream job. All you have to do is keep the legs strong and kick em strait.....and just think of all the stink you get!

And the PAYCHECK would be sweet!
            Nothing is as far away as one minute ago.

Comment

Originally posted by NEJAKE
              No kidding...I'd kill to have his talent as a kicker, too bad he didn't have a handle on his drinking. Who knows, maybe he's in Chados program and is cleaning himself up. Quite a fall from grace though.

A place kicker in the NFL is my dream job. All you have to do is keep the legs strong and kick em strait.....and just think of all the stink you get!

And the PAYCHECK would be sweet!
              canada does seem to get a lot of drunks and addicts !!
              DON'T YOU EAT THE YELLOW SNOW !! PS-MARVIN LOVES SPLIT SALAD !!

Comment

Working...
              X