Congrats to the Boston Celtics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to the Boston Celtics

Well, I never thought they would beat the Pistons. If I was betting, I would have gotten slaughtered, so I am very pleased to be on the sidelines.

Before the playoffs started, I thought they would struggle in the playoffs but make it to the EC finals, and lose to the Pistons...wrong! Rondo has played much better than I thought he would...he still looks like a rookie at times, even though he is in his sophomore season, but has exceled more often than I thought he would. Pierce has been unreal at both ends of the floor. KG, whether you think he is soft or not, has gotten the job done. Allen woke up at just the right time and the two guys who don't get nearly enough credit, Perk and Posey, kept this team together and gave them a chance. They do not win without their contributions. And they have won despite Doc, which I think is a feat in itself!

Hard to believe...it seems like just yesterday that they had a worse record than the NYK, much of their fan base gave up on them when they pulled ball #5 (or whatever it was in the draft lottery last year), and everyone was calling for Ainge and Doc's head...how quickly it can all change!

Well, we get the best two teams in basketball in the finals and their is something to be thankful for. For me, personally, going to be tough. I dislike Kobe for his 'trade me/don't trade me' BS but give him a ton of credit for how much he has matured as a player...but I still don't like him. As for the C's...would be nice to see Garnett, Allen and Pierce win, but I would probably have to move out of Boston as C fans are unbearable...and moving isn't possible! I'll just root for a great series and hopefully 7 games!

Congrats again C's...you have been the best in the East and deserve it!
    Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

very exciting, but i'm not sure how much i like their chances next round.

Comment

I have to say, at the beginning of the year, I said this was very doubtful. Defense wins championships, and is the reason they are in the position they are.

If they do win it all, it will be because of their stifling defense.

Props to Celts and their backers for a tremendous accomplishment
      You can't always get what you want, but if you try some time, you might find, you get what you need.

Comment

This Was The Series Tv Wanted I Think It Will Be A Great Series
        MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
        HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
        0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Originally posted by tech fan
          This Was The Series Tv Wanted I Think It Will Be A Great Series
          Me too ... GO C's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by molta02
            very exciting, but i'm not sure how much i like their chances next round.
            I picked the Lakers to Win it all this year but after watching the Detroit Series, i believe the C's really have a good shot. I keep remembering how the Pistons were counted out in their 1st Title run with this team and they won it with defense. Everyone also seemed to like Dallas and their high powered offense over Miami a couple of years ago too but once again, defense won it for the heat. I know it was much earlier in the season but Boston blew out L.A. at home and on the road. They didn't have Gasol in L.A. but they did have Bynum and Boston played that game without Rondo. The C's won on the road by 19. Later, in Boston, the C's Won by 13. You just never know i guess!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
              I picked the Lakers to Win it all this year but after watching the Detroit Series, i believe the C's really have a good shot. I keep remembering how the Pistons were counted out in their 1st Title run with this team and they won it with defense. Everyone also seemed to like Dallas and their high powered offense over Miami a couple of years ago too but once again, defense won it for the heat. I know it was much earlier in the season but Boston blew out L.A. at home and on the road. They didn't have Gasol in L.A. but they did have Bynum and Boston played that game without Rondo. The C's won on the road by 19. Later, in Boston, the C's Won by 13. You just never know i guess!

i also picked the lakers to win it all and still do. i don't put much stock into the regular season games between these two.

bottom line is kobe bryant is simply playing on another level right now. he is dominating at a jordan level.

that being said, with home court and a very good D, the celts have a shot. then again, this is the biggest coaching mismatch since belichick/martz in SB 36.........

Comment

Originally posted by molta02
                i also picked the lakers to win it all and still do. i don't put much stock into the regular season games between these two.

bottom line is kobe bryant is simply playing on another level right now. he is dominating at a jordan level.

that being said, with home court and a very good D, the celts have a shot. then again, this is the biggest coaching mismatch since belichick/martz in SB 36.........
                Boston has been pretty good at locking up other teams and their Superstar. Lebron crushed Detroit on his own in the postseason last year and look how badly Boston frustrated him this year. Kobe will no doubt get his but after Kobe, are you really that worried about the others? Gasol is good but guys like Odom tend to disappear at times too. It should be very interesting.

I know those regular season games mean nothing right now but my point was this, they held Kobe very much in check in those 2 games. He was 6-25 shooting with only 22 points in the 1st matchup and only 9-21 with 28 points in the 2nd meeting. Usually when L.A. is behind in the 2nd half, Kobe takes control. Boston didn't allow that in either game and i don't think that defense should be overlooked in this series!

Comment

Go Celtics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  It's always noon somewhere!

My Fish and Aquariums

Griffey's Posted Record

Comment

I can't wait......LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!
                    This series will be a battle and one to remember.

CELTS IN SEVEN!
                    Nothing is as far away as one minute ago.

Comment

should be a good series.....Home court has the advantage here IMO.....Boston in 7

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Working...
                      X