Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pistons' Wallace fined $25K for cursing, criticizing officials

Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Detroit's Rasheed Wallace was fined $25,000 Thursday by the NBA for using profanity and criticizing the officiating after a playoff game the night before.

After the Pistons' 106-102 loss to the Boston Celtics in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference finals, Wallace went on an expletive-laced rant targeting officials Mike Callahan and Kenny Mauer.

"The cats are flopping all over the floor and they're calling that," Wallace said. "That ain't basketball out there. It's all entertainment. You all should know that."

The Celtics lead the best-of-seven series 3-2.

Wallace speaks the truth. They should fine the officials.

Comment

I agree Frank, RaTeedup gets a lot of flak but so often he is right. NBA officals are a joke.
      NBA is a joke

Comment

Every time I read something like this, I have to chuckle.
        As we all know, at least one official has been involved in trying to manipulate the ATS in games (a lot more than one official that probably) and maybe even players and coaches, and dumbass Stern and his cohorts are worrying about(justified) words of criticism of officials from players, coaches, owners(Cuban), scuffles between players, silly dress codes,etc. and meting out absurd fines and suspensions-talk about misplaced priorities!
        Stern should resign and become a professional babysitter because that is all in essence he does now as the "Commissioner" of the NBA
        Last edited by savage1; 05-30-2008, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Pistons flop just as much as the C's have been. It's a 2 way street.

Comment

Wallace is not "Virgin" to fines and controversy.....IMO

It's a 2 way street between bad officiating and flopping/griping...

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Working...
            X