• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB/NBA Tuesday

MLB YTD 9-5 +4.88 units
    all plays 1*
    Faves 2-1 +0.78 units
    Dogs 7-4 +4.10 units

I've now won five in a row, four of which were dogs, including wins yesterday on the +120 Braves and -106 Red Sox. Two live dogs tonight.

1* Marlins +170
    What amazing value here! The Marlins have won six of seven, the Mets have lost seven of eight, one of the hottest pitchers in the game is going for Florida and Santana is getting hit hard. Andrew Miller hasn't given up any runs in three of his last four starts. The Marlins are as good on the road as they are at home because they have no homefield advantage in Miami where the lazy slugs won't even come out to back a great young team. As for Santana, he's given up an ASTONISHING 29 HITS IN HIS LAST 20 2/3 INNINGS.

1* White Sox +140
    My two sacred rules in baseball are to bet hot teams when they are dogs and go against favorites when they're losing. Both come into play here. The White Sox have WON 10 OF 12 and the Indians have LOST 9 OF 10. Yes, the wrong team is favored and the number is remarkably fat. Buerhle's last two outings were excellent and while Cleveland's Laffey has been excellent, the Indians are only 2-3 in his starts.

OPINION ONLY:
    Twins (Teams that have lost 8 in a row, like KC, should never be favored)

NBA YTD 34-36 -0.8 units
    3* 3-0 +9.0 units
    2* 2-3 -2.6 units
    1* 29-33 -7.2 units

NBA/College Combined 41-40 +4.8 units
    3* 4-0 +12.0 units
    2* 3-3 -0.6 units
    1* 34-37 -6.6 units

I won with the Lakers Friday in my last NBA play.

1* Lakers +4
    The Lakers played with no emotion in game three, a game they knew they didn't need to win. San Antonio is one of the most resilient teams ever and is very tough at home but they have no answer for Kobe right now. Bryant is playing the best basketball of his career and his dribble-penetrate move keeps setting up Pau Gasol for dunk shots. I think the Lakers are the best team in the NBA and they can prove it with a road win in a huge game.
    Last edited by griswold; 05-27-2008, 02:42 PM.

Gl Today Buddy
    MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
    HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
    0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Best of luck Gris!

Comment

Love the Marlins play as well, how could you take it at that. BOL on the others as well.
        Records listed in members records forum.

Comment

good luck
          THINK BLUE

Comment

maybe if the marlins didn't get rid of every good player they have every year, and if the management was serious about having a baseball team, maybe the slugs as you called us (why i'm not sure) will go to a game.

have you ever sat next to 10 people in literally 100 degree weather for at least 3 and half hours with at least 90% humidy and a 90% chance of rain. Try it and tell me how you like the drive home considering if you don't live in miami there is only 1 road and you will be in traffic the whole way. When i say traffic, i'm from n.y and i mean traffic, lights turning green, then yellow, then red with not 1 car moving.

seriously gris the pool, yes they have a pool and party bar are always packed. It's not like people don't go to the games, they just don't sit in the stands. you see all these people then you sit down and say where did everyone go? there are jacuzzi's and all that stuff all around the ball park.

good luck with your bases

Comment

Mr. Pain,

Florida is last in baseball in attendance and that counts anybody who is in one of the bars or pools or whatever.

Tampa also draws terribly.

Baseball's experiment in Florida is a flop.

Tampa has the best record in the AL and the Marlins the best record in the NL and their combined attendance doesn't match St. Louis, where the summer humidity is every bit as oppressive as that in Florida.

And management wouldn't have to keep giving up good young players if Miami fans packed the stands like they do everywhere else in baseball

Comment

good luck

Comment

gl today my man---thanks

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

good luck tonight, Grizzle!

Comment

gris,

you are right florida is in last place but that does not count the people in the pools, trust me bud i'm here.

you are right tampa also draws horribly

I wouldn't call 2 world series championships a flop.

of course you give me the st. louis argument. did you forget where st. louis has spring training. It's literally in my back yard, and most of those fans are here for some games, it doesn't hurt they are pretty much the most loyal fans in baseball, who travels to south florida to watch spring training games? Cardinal fans and god bless em

St. louis humidy might be as bad but not for as loooooong, and it's not even about the heat, it's when it rains and everyone around you smells like feet, then it's sunny again , then comes the rain. This is no st. louis rain gris, i'm not talking a shower, i'm talking a downpoor in 20 seconds your soaked. Don't forget it's hurricane season and we get all types of tropical storms.

here's the thing management doesn't have to give up anyone. It's not like the contract is up and the marlins don't pay, no they don't wait for that they can't wait to get good players out. All I have to say is mike lowell. I loved the guy and they insisted on getting rid of him and when no one would take any of there deals they said OK if we have to give up beckett to get rid of lowell that's what we will do. that one and many more had nothing to do with attendance.

miami is miami, if you were there at night and someone gave you a choice of what you can go out and do, trust me gris you wouldn't go to a marlin game.

if your a cards fan they are awesome, i like them a lot. I met albert this year and he actually signed a ball for me on the sweet spot. I had another ball that has wainwright, and a few others. Everyone told me this one guy was gonna be awesome so I got him to sign to i think it's rull is his last name. Do you know who that is?

Comment

Working...
                      X