To those that love/like MMA...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To those that love/like MMA...

I am really excited about the upcoming fight on July 19 in Affliction, Fedor vs. Tim Silvia. They got some big names and it should be fun to watch. I talked to my good friend, who follows it religiously and actually trains professional fighters with their ground attack, and he told me that Fedor is more than likey going to hurt Big Tim, Fedor is a machine, and I personally think he could beat ANYBODY in the UFC. Just curiuos on your thoughts and insights on this as well??

fedor will win because he's fighting a fighter not on his level. big surprise there, i admit he is good but i will not give this guy any more credit than he deserves until he actually impresses me vs someone who can actually take him. He does have wins over nogueira but that is it.

Sylvia is washed up, he's nothing now, and fedor knows it which is why NOW he will fight him. (about 2-3 years ago they were going to fight, and it was made clear by fedor's trainers publicly that they did not want him to fight sylvia.)

I don't train,(spinal injury) but i do follow religiously, i'm involved on the business side with promotions, in fact my company just signed hermes franca, and actually at that event where we signed him I had good long talks with Babalu Sobral and wilson Gouveia (who just fought saturday in UFC) Gouveia trains out of coconut creek but was happy where he was, franca trains out of Jupiter FL as well as Kurt Pellegrino. (as you can tell I'm in south FL) Din Thomas was also there but not interested. (contemplating retirement)

anyway it's funny because in my talks with sobral he was telling me how he wanted to change his rep, his look, he didn't want to have that "animal look to him he said" he told me I want to be the first MMA fighter to leave the gym in a suit. Well Affliction's big opening day, and everyone is of course decked out in affliction gear, and sobral walks in......in a suit, i couldn't believe it.

The best part about my job is I get to go to all local events and promotions as one of my partners does fight as well, and at that same fight Randy Couture was there promoting his new MMA school.

If you think he can beat ANYBODY in the UFC i'm not going to argue with you as i am all too familiar with these fedor fans, then why did he turn down a UFC contract, why has he only fought 1 of the top 10 ranked heavyweights in the world. Let's see him fight Couture, he's been saying he was going to fight couture since january my friend, keep talking. Even Barnett, werdum, arlovski, gonzaga. get the point. (sylvia is ranked so that will make 2 out of the top 10)

all of his fans outlook is well he's the best he doesn't have to go to the UFC. well let's think about that. ALL of the best fighters in the world are now in the UFC so to be the best don't you have to be the best. What fighter would opt out of a UFC contract to go fight Fedor, nobody because if they did win who are they going to fight next..........still waiting.........right so he should do what wandy silva did. Sign the contract and fight the guy that the fans have wanted you to fight for 6 years. (Lidell) a great fight but lidell beat him.

then you follow that up with a thrashing of keith jardine who is the 5th ranked fighter in wandy's class, and who also beat lidell, and all of a sudden the UFC loves silva and silva loves the UFC.

It has been said his whole career his opponents have been hand picked, I personally have no idea, but have you seen some of the guys he's fought?? Dude who is Hong Man Choi i think the guy's record was 1-1. What business does fedor have fighting that guy. If i had his resume i would be embarrassed.

Comment

Don't care for the MMA. However, Gina Carano is smoking hot!

Comment

Originally posted by Lil Re/Max
        I am really excited about the upcoming fight on July 19 in Affliction, Fedor vs. Tim Silvia. They got some big names and it should be fun to watch. I talked to my good friend, who follows it religiously and actually trains professional fighters with their ground attack, and he told me that Fedor is more than likey going to hurt Big Tim, Fedor is a machine, and I personally think he could beat ANYBODY in the UFC. Just curiuos on your thoughts and insights on this as well??
        - don't know enough too make any valid comments on your ?,however i love mma and appreciate your input brother !!
        DON'T YOU EAT THE YELLOW SNOW !! PS-MARVIN LOVES SPLIT SALAD !!

Comment

Working...
        X