its a official:mets and yankees SUCK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• its a official:mets and yankees SUCK

they are embarassment to MLB and a disgrace to the wonderful city of new york. both teams have no heart. willie sucks as a manager and his team show no fire. yankees just suck. there time has passed. bad contracts and no fire. its now redsox nation who owns the mlb.
    THINK POSITIVE!!!!! BE POSITIVE!!!!!! IN LIFE
    your word is your bond

Comment

Originally posted by trimsknows
      its now redsox nation who owns the mlb.
      Beware the Mighty Cubbies!

Comment

great fade!

Comment

It's all about pitching. Cashman is an overrated moron. Mussina is basically their second best pitcher. How could anyone be shocked that the Rays are better, they have better pitching. Rasyner, Kennedy, these guys suck. Joba should be a starter, that's obvious. They brought Pettitte back with a partially torn arm after he admitted to taking HGH once, yea right. What a desperate move. A team with the highest payroll should not have to make desperate moves, and also shouldn't have a pitching staff this shitty.

Comment

The Mets on the other hand are gonna be just fine. They're like three games out of first, they're just pressing too hard. They shouldn't be dominating like everyone expects, all they should be is a good team with a chance to win the division. They don't have enough starting pitching to dominate. Church was a good pick up. Santana and Maine are solid, Perez is ok, but that's really it for starters.

Comment

i'm a mets fan and they are very frustrating right now. yankees just awful.
              THINK POSITIVE!!!!! BE POSITIVE!!!!!! IN LIFE
              your word is your bond

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner
                It's all about pitching. Cashman is an overrated moron. Mussina is basically their second best pitcher. How could anyone be shocked that the Rays are better, they have better pitching. Rasyner, Kennedy, these guys suck. Joba should be a starter, that's obvious. They brought Pettitte back with a partially torn arm after he admitted to taking HGH once, yea right. What a desperate move. A team with the highest payroll should not have to make desperate moves, and also shouldn't have a pitching staff this shitty.
                Don't forget that several times in the past few years when Yankees had poor starts, they came back big time under guidance of wise, patient and experienced Joe Torre;I doubt it will happen with novice(relatively speaking) Girardi at the helm.
                Last edited by savage1; 05-21-2008, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Why hasnt Willie been fired yet?????

And yes Yankees suck ass too Cashman needs to go asap
                  THINK BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner
                    The Mets on the other hand are gonna be just fine. They're like three games out of first, they're just pressing too hard. They shouldn't be dominating like everyone expects, all they should be is a good team with a chance to win the division. They don't have enough starting pitching to dominate. Church was a good pick up. Santana and Maine are solid, Perez is ok, but that's really it for starters.
                    They are a good team, but Santana or no Santana, they are not and shouldn't be considered a shoo-in to win the division and go to WS.
                    The collapse last year was shocking and indicates that there are other factors involved and work which needs to be done to ensure that this will not happen again.

Comment

The Yankees problem is that Steinbrenner is too much involved. Whether it be Hank or George. George resurrected this team, but what they need to realize is stay out of the player signings. They are not scouts and they do not know hidden talent. They only see crafty veterans and guys who have done it for years.

Not saying Cashman is the best, but come on now. All they do is re-sign veterans to hefty contracts. They are not in the business of working younger kids in who could be the future. They take the future of 10 years ago and hope it still works.(dont know if that makes sense)

They took a chance on Kennedy and Hughes which I LOVED to see even as an avid Yankee Hater. Finally they ooked to the future. My 2 cents says they should have gotten Santana because he is a true ace(not taking anything away from Wang) and he is the most dominant 2nd half pitcher in baseball. Plus a lefty who is that good and only in his 20s is worth the big investment.

The veteran investments of Pavano and Wright after one or two good years has truly hurt the Yanks. If they do not re-sign Pettite, Mussina and Giambi it will be the best thing ever because they are looking to the future. They are looking past everyone who get them there 5 years ago and looking for those who will get them to the World Series for the next 10 years.

A good rotation for next year for the Yanks in my mind is
                      #1 Wang
                      #2 Need a free Agent here
                      #3 Need a free Agent here too
                      #4 Chamberlain
                      #5 Hughes

Dont put as much pressure on Chamberlain and Hughes by having them as the #2 and #3. This is the case where you need 2 starters just for a year to let them work some more. Then in 2 seasons you can have Kennedy as the #4 or #5 and take some pressure from him. Give them time and they can develop.

Mind you I am a Yankee Hater but I can make sense of a situation that a big mouth owner has partially screwed up.
                      NFL System - Year 1
                      Week 2 3-2 +0.8 Units
                      Week 3 3-2-1 +0.8 Units
                      Week 3 3-3 -0.3 Units
                      Week 4 3-2 +0.8 Units
                      Week 5 2-3 -1.3 Units
                      Week 6 4-1 +2.9 Units
                      Week 7 3-0 +3.0 Units
                      Week 8 2-3 -2.35 Units
                      Week 9 0-1 -1.1 Units
                      Season Total 23-17 +3.35 Units

Comment

I wish I could argue the Mets sucking but I can't.

I have been saying Cashman should go for 18 months now. They have lost in recent years for the same reason time and time again...lack of pitching. Rebuilding the middle relief have been an annual right for the Yankees the last 5 years.'

They won WS in the late 90's due to Stick Michael. He draft the players, cultivated the farm system and brought in the hard nosed, blue collar guys like O'Neill and Brosius. While it happened on Cashman's watch, it was more of a case of right place/right time.
                        Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Originally posted by xstac2169
                          The Yankees problem is
                          Starting pitching. Their staff is aging. They've spent millions signing everyday players. When's the last time they've signed a young ace?

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03
                            Starting pitching. Their staff is aging. They've spent millions signing everyday players. When's the last time they've signed a young ace?
                            Pavano.
                            Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

I agree the Muts suck

I love when the Braves kick there ass
                              Questions, comments, complaints:
                              [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X