Donaghy's attorney alleges players, coaches also affected outcome of games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donaghy's attorney alleges players, coaches also affected outcome of games

NEW YORK -- Disgraced basketball referee Tim Donaghy told investigators in the NBA betting probe that relationships among officials, coaches and players "affected the outcome of games," his attorney said.

Donaghy's attorney made the assertions in a letter filed in U.S. District Court in Brooklyn on Monday, in which he argued that his client should be sentenced to probation because he fully cooperated with prosecutors and has been undergoing treatment for his gambling addiction.
    The attorney also suggested that Donaghy told investigators about the gambling activities of other NBA officials and about a referee that passed "confidential" information to an unidentified coach.
    The attorney, John F. Lauro, wrote that the U.S. attorney's office for the Eastern District agreed to plea agreements with other defendants in the case, even though his client told investigators about NBA matters outside of the government's initial investigation. Lauro said the disparity in treatment could not be fully explained because prosecutors have "surrounded this case with a code of silence

i believe him 10000% NBA was/still is fixed. Not every game. But select games. If you dont believe this you just arent smart. If you think this guy was alone in acting and gambling on games you are nuts.
    2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Originally posted by 10DimeBry
      i believe him 10000% NBA was/still is fixed. Not every game. But select games. If you dont believe this you just arent smart. If you think this guy was alone in acting and gambling on games you are nuts.
      AGREED !!
      DON'T YOU EAT THE YELLOW SNOW !! PS-MARVIN LOVES SPLIT SALAD !!

Comment

1 thing is for sure....this d bag will def. sell out anyone who helped him throw games.....if he is giving testimony on mob guys (which he did), he will for sure give out what players, coaches and refs helped out.

If he doesnt drop names, he is full of shit.

Comment

Yea, guy is/was a TOOL...this & he will disappear into the night like it never happened & all will continue...unfortunately.
          FUCK YOU, FUCK ME

Comment

I want to hear names PLEASE
            THINK BLUE

Comment

This is Total BS maybe way back or so But the Coaches today make way to much to be getting caught up in any of this.....

Comment

Originally posted by WayneChung
                AGREED !!
                I agree also;as I have said before, a number of Lakers games especially over the years have been suspect.
                Its really ironic-there seems to be quite a lot of proof indicating tampering with the ATS outcome of game or total, and yet over the years dumb David Stern has focused his attention on suspending players for long periods of time, silly dress codes and fining Mark Cuban for criticizing officials for calls(It seems now that Cuban may be at least partially right.lol).
                Last edited by savage1; 05-21-2008, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Shocker....NOT!!!

SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 10DimeBry
                    Only Chado thinks this...you must be crazy or something....
                    SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X