• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB/NBA Tuesday

MLB YTD 3-3 +0.34 units
    all plays 1*
    Faves 1-0 +1.0 units
    Dogs 2-3 -0.66 units

In baseball, I love playing hot teams at good prices and playing against cold ones when they're favored. Tonight's plays fit those categories.

1* Cubs -122
    Why get in front of this freight train? The Cubs had a huge homestand and came right out and won their first on the road trip last night. They're now 9 of their last 11 and tonight's pitcher, Dempster, is in the best form of his career. The Cubs are 7-2 in his starts and he has a 0.89 ERA his last three starts.

1* Cardinals +114
    I'm not sure the Padres should ever be favored. They're playing just awful. Piniero is probably St. Louis' worst pitcher, but so what? San Diego nevers scores off of anybody. The Padrs are 3-6 in Maddux's starts while St. Louis is 4-3 in Piniero starts.

1* White Sox +118
    Play the hot team! The Sox have won five in a row and Contreras is coming off two great starts. Cleveland is favored solely because CC is pitching BUT they are only 4-5 in his starts this year. While I am rating all of today's plays equally, this one is the one I'm most confident about.

NBA YTD 32-35 -1.7 units
    3* 3-0 +9.0 units
    2* 2-3 -2.6 units
    1* 27-32 -8.1 units

NBA/College Combined 39-39 +3.9 units
    3* 4-0 +12.0 units
    2* 3-3 -0.6 units
    1* 32-36 -7.5 units

I'm on a slide in the NBA and lost Sunday with the Celtics.

1* Pistons +4 1/2
    Boston has been unconvincing the whole playoffs, needing seven to get rid of both Atlanta and Cleveland. I think the veteran Pistons really benefited from the layoff and will be much improved presuming Billups returns to the lineup (listed as probable; I'd be shocked if he doesn't play).

Opinion only:
    Pistons to win series +125

GL gris
    You can't always get what you want, but if you try some time, you might find, you get what you need.

Comment

get em Gris

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Working...
      X