NBA Officiating is a F*cking Joke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Officiating is a F*cking Joke

I'm watching the Spurs/Hornet game. I'm neither a fan of either team nor did I bet the game. I'm watching the game on TIVO so it's about 30 minutes behind. I just watched the refs call 5 very quick fouls on Paul and West. I don't disagree with 3 of the 5 fouls but I can't help believing if New Orleans are home most of these calls would never be made.

Seriously, how can anyone watch NBA basketball?

Then they call a T on West???????????

Comment

couldnt agree more

I cant even take this league serious anymore. Its the same crap every year and the funny thing about it its the same stuff every year at playoff time.

nba refs are definitely worse than mlb. umpires

Comment

Originally posted by musclemann
        I cant even take this league serious anymore. Its the same crap every year and the funny thing about it its the same stuff every year at playoff time.

nba refs are definitely worse than mlb. umpires
        IMO the calls favoring the home team is at an all time worst this playoff season.

Comment

paul blew it. no reason to push off twice. wasn't necessary!!! change the game right there.
          THINK POSITIVE!!!!! BE POSITIVE!!!!!! IN LIFE
          your word is your bond

Comment

Originally posted by trimsknows
            paul blew it. no reason to push off twice. wasn't necessary!!! change the game right there.
            Here's the problem I have with those calls. In New Orleans they MIGHT call one push off.

Please explain what West did on the first call against him during that stretch? If anything it should have been on offensive foul. Finally, the offensive charge on West was very questionable.

Comment

Frank did you see the last 2 minutes of the Laker . Jazz game

Now.. I covered so im not griping about a bad beat but there were 2 huge horrible calls

Utah down 2 - loose ball a minute left- Farmar grabs it while running along the sideline with Kiralenko right next to him -- the ball goes out of bounds of Farmars leg - they call a fouls on Kiralenko !! -- Replays showed he didnt touch him at all

Then Utah down 3 , 30 sec left - Kobe misses a three and Gasol shoves Okur in the back with his left hand- Okur goes flying out of bounds , Gasol grabs the rebound with his right hand and dunks it -- GAME

They showed the reply 5 friking times and im waiting for the announcers to say something ( Gasol got away with an offensive foul) and the closest is Collins saying "Okur wanted an offensive foul their feeling he was pushed in the back"

Its pathetic !!!

Comment

Here's the bottom line.............

The refs change the whole reflection of this game. It was a close game until they called 5 fouls within about 2 minute on the 2 stars on the Hornets. With both Paul and West playing with 4 fouls it took them out of their game. To suggest likewise would be naive.

Comment

Originally posted by GOLDENGREEK

Now.. I covered so im not griping about a bad beat but there were 2 huge horrible calls

Utah down 2 - loose ball a minute left- Farmar grabs it while running along the sideline with Kiralenko right next to him -- the ball goes out of bounds of Farmars leg - they call a fouls on Kiralenko !! -- Replays showed he didnt touch him at all

Then Utah down 3 , 30 sec left - Kobe misses a three and Gasol shoves Okur in the back with his left hand- Okur goes flying out of bounds , Gasol grabs the rebound with his right hand and dunks it -- GAME

They showed the reply 5 friking times and im waiting for the announcers to say something ( Gasol got away with an offensive foul) and the closest is Collins saying "Okur wanted an offensive foul their feeling he was pushed in the back"

Its pathetic !!!
                  I didn't watch last nights game.

Tonight I went out, had a few drinks then came home. I put on the game only to be sickened by what I was watching. As I posted earlier. I'm fan of neither team and I didn't bet the game. I was absolutely stunned at what I was watching.

Did Paul push off? Yes

Did Paul push off a 2nd time? Yes

Do the officials make both these calls in NO? NEVER (maybe game 7)

The officiating is a fucking joke. I can understand the home team winning but when they are winning by double digits every game well?????????? How can their be 20, 30 and 40 point swings playing the same team on the road after playing them at home?

Comment

Its pathetic !!!
                    I didn't watch the game but I heard they're where some very questionable calls late in the game. It's very obvious the league wants each series to go 7 games and very obvious the league wants Lakers in the finals.

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03
                      I didn't watch last nights game.

Tonight I went out, had a few drinks then came home. I put on the game only to be sickened by what I was watching. As I posted earlier. I'm fan of neither team and I didn't bet the game. I was absolutely stunned at what I was watching.

Did Paul push off? Yes

Did Paul push off a 2nd time? Yes

Do the officials make both these calls in NO? NEVER (maybe game 7)

The officiating is a fucking joke. I can understand the home team winning but when they are winning by double digits every game well?????????? How can their be 20, 30 and 40 point swings playing the same team on the road after playing them at home?

THE FUNNY THING ABOUT THAT SEQUENCE IS AFTER THE FIRST PUSHOFF THEY IMMEDIATELY CALLED A FOULD ON WEST AND HE NEVER DID A DAMN THING.

NBA REFS ARE BIASED AND THIS IS WHY THIS GAME WILL CONTINUE TO LOSE POPULARITY.

3.5 MONTHS TO FOOTBALL SEASON. GOODNIGHT.

Comment

Originally posted by musclemann

3.5 MONTHS TO FOOTBALL SEASON. GOODNIGHT.
                        AMEN!

Comment

I used to love the NBA playoffs, but this is brutal.

WTF is Horry doing on that BS screen? Hitting a guy when he is backing up? Watch SA win this series because West won't play Game 7 like he fucked Phoenix after that BS bump on Nash last year and Amare gets suspended coming off the bence.

PS If anybody doesn't think the officials don't have anything to do with 1 team winning 1 road game in the 2nd round, you're clueless.
                          Last edited by LVJimmy; 05-16-2008, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Its pathetic !!!
                            Shit it was more like the whole 4th quarter the refs screwed the Jazz just so the Lakers could hold on to the game Javie is always screwing the Jazz and he proved that again last night
                            THINK BLUE

Comment

new orleans gave up tonight, showed no heart knowing they have a game 7 in there building. just pathetic
                              THINK POSITIVE!!!!! BE POSITIVE!!!!!! IN LIFE
                              your word is your bond

Comment

Working...
                              X