Monday Night Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday Night Football

Something has to give here , we got the rock and the object in this one .

Colts :

Scoring 30 points a game [in 4] and looking fairly good on both sides of the ball plus Dungys going back ?

Bucs :

Allowing 7.33 points a game [in 3] and no T.D.`s by air with a weeks rest and Gruden wants this one bad ?

Current Line Bucs - 4.5 / 37.5

Any thoughts ?

G.L.

***MMM***

:cool: :cool: :cool:
    " The Wind Does Not Wait For The Tree To Bend "

I'll have A LOT of info for this one

come game time on the Colts side of the ball......but I believe the key is A VASTLY IMPROVED Colts defense vs. a very erractic and tempermental offense of TB. If the Buc defense can control the Colts offense this might be a good UNDER to play on an early look.

Weather as well!
    (Obviously in TB rain would play a HUGE part in this one)!

Advantage to Indianapolis in VOWELS as well!

Gv
    I am NOT schizophrenic......and NEITHER am I! Just paranoid that fear may overcome my insanity!

Comment

Memphis

i will keep my drive alive for 17 in a row don't you worry

Comment

Hope you do NUT. I will be all over it with you. :D :D
        1 of 1 Morons

Comment

Problem I see for Indy is that Payton crumbles under a good pass rush. He makes bad throws and is not at all mobile. It really effects his psyche.

I like the Bucs..likely the best in the league..I am not sold on the Colts..I think this game could be a stinker.

Comment

The more I look at this :

the more I see the true balance in this match up . Indy has pancaked her way against lower class teams to bulldoze her stats up , and they really arent that good after further research when compared to how she got to where she is.

----------------- T.B. ------------------ INDY

yds. per game - 347 ----------------- 317 [against very weak defensive clubs ]

per play -------- 4.9 ------------------ 5.4 [ that will not happen in this game ]

time of poss. --- 35 ------------------- 31 [ less time for Peyton to take his shots ]

fumbles --------- 2 -------------------- 7 [ likely to increase here ]

1st downs ----- 21 ------------------- 18 [ count on a far less avg. here ]

3rd down % --- 44% ---------------- 49% [ odds are this will be lowered also ]

Tampa allows only 106 yds. per game passing and less than 50% completions , translates into a QB rating of zilch for Manning !

More to follow :

G.L.

***MMM***

Comment

Tampa is the play Mon. night! :D

It's one thing to run the score up on New Orleans. They can't do it against this Tampa defense. How many times has Gruden lost a big game? Not many. Mon night football, he will have these guys ready.

Comment

I too likem !

This might be a heart play that leaves me with the sound of " clear " when the med-vac gets here but I like the Bucs here in a landslide . I think the over also happens here with special teams & defense getting in on the action .

G.L.

***MMM***

Comment

I agree MMM. Tampa Bay is going to kill them. This one shouldn't even be close.
                  1 of 1 Morons

Comment

I can tell you this much

The Colts and their fans are delerious with the fact Edgerin James will be starting the game. I am not sold he is 100% and for that matter I do not believe he was close to that STARTING the season.

His starting should be considered either a non-factor OR a LIABILITY because the Colts MUST EITHER KEEP HIM IN TO block on pass plays OR go Tight End into block OR choose the screen pass as their poison if they skip the avove.

Carolina beating the Bucs at home was the worst thing that could have happened to the rest of the teams visiting this year!

One other item of note:

Adam Meadows their offensive lineman who was covering for their starter who was hurt has had the flu up through Friday and did not even practice. Not a good thing vs a TB pass rush.

FWIW!! GoldV
                    I am NOT schizophrenic......and NEITHER am I! Just paranoid that fear may overcome my insanity!

Comment

Fellas

As far as a blocking back ( and appear to be a running threat ) James is thier best bet ( if healthy ) , but screen plays are something that the Bucs feast on and cover very well with thier L.Bing speed . Tight end match-ups might be thier best bet to try and sneek a few past this unit because John Lunch has slipped a bit in coverage ( but not the run ) .

When Carolina beat them with all those blocked kicks in a single game ( wont see that again for a few years ) it almost had the taste of a fix to it , but rest assured Chuckys had two weeks to preach to them about it and I hope Peytons ready for a bull-rush cause its coming !

I know why the lines so low and its a direct result of old memory in my opinion , T.B. has picked up the pace a bit on offense this year and are much better than last years unit ( 350 yds per ) but even thats not why I am going to the well on this one , its as mentioned above about Peyton getting rattled , and when he does the overs a cinch !

Going a bit big here on this one !

G.L.

***MMM***

p.s. - have a parlay left alive here also ( Minn. & over & T.B. )

Comment

That does it !

Today is Tony Dungys Birthday !

I think Tampa Bay gives him a TRADITIONAL spanking !

G.L.

***MMM***

Comment

1 of 1 Morons

Comment

added

Comment

G.L.

***MMM***