Limbaugh vs McNabb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limbaugh vs McNabb

I just want to know who else thinks this story is a bunch of crap? I can't believe they are making all this hype about a political analyst expressing his thoughts on someone. I am not a Limbaugh fan or a McNabb fan or against either one of them, but this story raises entirely too much bullshit up. If there was an racial meaning to this at all, don't you think Tom Jackson or Michael Irvin would have said something in some interview? How dare McNabb think that. :angryfire

If this is too political, I apologize and respect the fact if it gets locked out.

mcnabb

trust me mcnabb is the last person making this a big deal. all you have to do is listen to philly radio stations.
    rock n roll

Comment

Limbaugh is good on that show. I didn't think I'd like him.

He was partially correct when he said the media and NFL wanted McNabb to succeed because he was black. But to downplay his accomplishments was wrong.

Look, McNabb is below average when it comes to accuracy. But he can make things happen out of the pocket (at least he used to), and he's still a winner. He's not in my top 5 QBs, but he's good enough to win with if used properly.

These things always get blown out of proportion when somebody says what they think. I applaud Rush for doing so.
      Please don't question my record or I will leave!!!!

Comment

now rush has resigned. it was called for by al sharpton and others including the nat. assoc of black journalists. is there a nat. assoc of white journalists???? if there was they would all have to resign(i guess). seems awful thin-skinned to me.

Comment

Well, get used to it...

Media outlets are becoming increasingly scared of upsetting anybody, especially minorities. So any point of view that rubs somebody the wrong way will get you fired. Does anybody really think Rush's comments were racist? I'm not talking about whether you think he is, I'm talking about the simple statement that "....the media is desirous of a successful black QB..."

Here's the proof it was NOT a racist statement. Why didn't ESPN fire Limbaugh right there? Why didn't we all start talking about this Sunday instead of Wednesday? I'll tell you why, because McNabb didn't raise a stink until later, that's why. Then ESPN felt they had to do something to make minorities happy. To bow to people like that crackhead Mfume and that glue sniffing Sharpton is unacceptable, but we as a people let this go on.

I remember a buddy of mine saying things like this ALL THE TIME on Fox Sports Radio for well over a year, and to my knowledge, unless my buddy is lying, Fox never once reprimanded him for his opinions. I realize Radio and TV are different, but I applaud them for letting a guy speak his mind, whether they agreed with it or not.

Remember, Rush didn't say, "McNabb sucks because he's black."
          He simply said the media wants him to do well because he's black. You can say he's wrong, that the media and NFL could care less. But to take away his microphone because you are scared somebody thinks it's racist is bogus.

And make no mistake, he was fired.
          Please don't question my record or I will leave!!!!

Comment

Well said cash. I'm glad I am not the only one thinking all this is a bunch of shit. I agree he shouldn't have downplayed his ability, but I think the only reason he did that was because that is what they brought him on there for....to create controversy, and that is what he did.

I didn't even think anything about it until all these articles came out about it. I read the headlines on CNN and didn't have a clue of what they were talking about until I opened it. Absolutely amazing.

rj

Comment

If anybody has listened to the Rush show on the radio you know how he thinks and how he says what he thinks. Knowing this, why shouldn't we have expected some of these types of comments on the TV? Do you think ESPN knew something like this was eminent? That is one way to look at it. It was going to happen, it just happened sooner then later.

But, don't you think the playing of the race card is a little out-dated? All these old-timers like Rev. Sharpton and even McNabb himself are stuck in the past. Racism is a past concern, but because this did happen in the past, every time a white man says anything with an African-American mentioned somewhere in there thoughts, immediately the race flag is in the air and the NAACP, Sharpton, Jackson, etc etc are all in the middle. Remember, most of these leaders led the African-American fight for freedom back when freedom was due. They are free now just like everyone else. They are allowed to do things that once there were not. It's 2003 people.

I am a businessman and in fact worked for a federal law enforcement agency and I can't count on my hands and feet how many African-American friends and colleagues I have. It is all about politics here folks. If race was an issue here and I can't see it then so be it. And for a role model like McNabb has become for so many little ones and up and coming players, he should have never spoke openly about this issue. We are a free country now Mr. McNabb. With your role modeling, skills we are sure to take racism with us until the end of time, especially in sports. The young African-American future stars are seeing how McNabb handled the issue and are going to do the same when they get into the NFL. My job in the agency here is to protect people from terrorists. To protect "people" meaning whites, blacks, Asians, Hispanics etc etc. Not just whites, nor not just blacks, but EVERYONE. We are free and I will continue to uphold and fight for freedom myself. The NFL, NBA and all major sports have come a long way. Again it's 2003 almost 2004 and we still have these idiots playing race tag.

Just my thoughts. Sorry for rambling on. I just hate this racial crap and am wondering when everyone is going to realize that race is no longer an issue like it used to be? Maybe never, but at least I hope someday we put an end to the issue. That at least makes one person. No disrespect intended and I don't mean to open a can of worms on the race issue. Just wanted to voice my opinion regarding the subject at hand.

Take care and good luck.

Mick.

Comment

Working...
              X