Interesting stat. on RedSox?Oakland total

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting stat. on RedSox?Oakland total

As we all know Red Sox are a high scoring team.
    Liking oddball stats, I decided to go back and check out in how many of Sox games played on Wednesday total equalled or exceeded 7 runs, which is tonight's total.
    On Wednesdays this year 20 Red Sox games exceeded 7 runs scored between the two teams, in 4 games there were less than 7 runs scored and in 2 there were exactly 7 runs scored.
    I then went back and did same for Oakland games.
    In 15 games total exceeded 7, in 8 total was less than 7 and in two total was exactly 7.
    Combined stats thus are 35 games over 7, 12 under and 4 right at 7.
    Above stat. must be tempered by fact that 1) Pedro Martinez was not matched up against Hudson in those games to best of my knowledge, and 2) some of those games which went over were between Sox and Oakland, thus skewing the stats a little.
    Anyways, because of above and general gut feeling, I kind of like the over(yeah, I know all 3 of today's games went under, and matchup of Pedro vs Hudson doesn't exactly favor a shootout).
    Any and all opinions are welcome.
    Last edited by savage1; 10-01-2003, 01:01 AM.

Thats a good post

thanks Savage :D

Comment

John(EZ) I know totals aren't your thing for most part, but I would love your opinion on what kind of game to expect tomorrow not necessarily because of my logic but your own feelings.
      Thanks in advance

Comment

Savage1,

I would lean towards the under in all three of the games, but once again totals are not really my thing.

Good luck,
        John
        Good luck,
        John

Comment

Most of big cappers are on the under tonight fwiw.

Comment

Working...
          X