Royals will fight for Central!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royals will fight for Central!

I know this is a homer talkin but this team is the real deal. First of all I've been capping baseball for a long time and last yr. I started posting on here and did very well hardly ever betting on the Royals or my Phillies. I've quit betting but really love this site and sometimes check in to give my opinion. Yes the royals have a very low payroll but with the departure of Mike Sweeney and the retirement of Reggie Sanders this teams payroll actually went down from last yr. They signed Tomko and Jose Guillen in rt field but that was pretty much it. Flash back to when the Royals had major sticks in 03' Damon, Dye, Sweeney, and Beltran, but they had no pitching then. Now they have pitching and yng bats with Goordon, Teahen, Butler and Dejesus. The difference between 03 9-0 start and this 6-2 start is that we finally have a tough pitching staff. Our AAA Omaha staff has at least 2 starters that will start for at least 4 teams in the majors now. I m know its along season but to have that kind of depth in the pitching staff will help my boys make bettors very happy since it will take vegas awhile before they give the Royals the respect they deserve. Yes their record is a little inflated since Detroit was flat and the Yanks r banged up, but when u give yng talent confidence with some tested veterans to guide them don't be surprised if the LOWLY ROYALS r leading the central at the break.
    Last edited by rcmcd; 04-10-2008, 01:47 AM.

Hey Buddy How About Being The Royals Rep In Our "the Edge" .i Like Kansas City This Year Doubt They Win The Central Was 27 Games Back Last Year But I See Them Making $$$$$$$$$$$ This Year
    MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
    HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
    0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Young and fun to watch as they play hard .. I will be rooting for them also.

Comment

Originally posted by knowlez
        Young and fun to watch as they play hard .. I will be rooting for them also.
        I AGREE ITS A GREAT TEAM TO ROOT FOR
        MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
        HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
        0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Kansas City is a great place to watch a game. Though they havent been really good in awhile Its still a nice place to watch some games. I will be there several times this summer. Remember when Albert Joey Belle was with the Indians we were sitting with a decent crowd of Royals fans when a couple drunk dudes wearing Belle jerseys crept in and sat down . Royals fans rode their ass the whole game. It was comical as it was pretty entertaing and the Royals even won the game.

Comment

Butler and Greinke are studs in the making!
            Am I the longest tenured BC member?

Comment

Originally posted by tech fan
              Hey Buddy How About Being The Royals Rep In Our "the Edge" .i Like Kansas City This Year Doubt They Win The Central Was 27 Games Back Last Year But I See Them Making $$$$$$$$$$$ This Year
              hey techster thanx for responding bro. I'd luv to be th royals insider. how do I claim it? I looked to post in the 4-14 edge but I didn't see that Spark posted it. I've really been rt on with them so far and since I'm not betting I think I'm pretty locked in with no bias. I agree they don't win the central but to see all these yng arms and the way Hillman brings such a winning attitude from his championships from Japan I do think they stay close and end up maybe 5-10 games over 500.

Comment

Wow KC winning in Seattle I thought Seattle was going to contend this year I guess not
                THINK BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by knowlez
                  Kansas City is a great place to watch a game. Though they havent been really good in awhile Its still a nice place to watch some games. I will be there several times this summer. Remember when Albert Joey Belle was with the Indians we were sitting with a decent crowd of Royals fans when a couple drunk dudes wearing Belle jerseys crept in and sat down . Royals fans rode their ass the whole game. It was comical as it was pretty entertaing and the Royals even won the game.
                  true story bro. when I first moved from va to kc I waited tables at Houlihans on the Plaza in kc and Belle was in my section no shit. I was so nervous cause I'm such a big baseball fan ...so I come out and he gets up and leaves before I get there. was a real let down, but had a chance to wait on some real down to earth pros. Let me know when u come in town I live a mile from the stadium and could show u around bro.

Comment

Originally posted by rcmcd
                    true story bro. when I first moved from va to kc I waited tables at Houlihans on the Plaza in kc and Belle was in my section no shit. I was so nervous cause I'm such a big baseball fan ...so I come out and he gets up and leaves before I get there. was a real let down, but had a chance to wait on some real down to earth pros. Let me know when u come in town I live a mile from the stadium and could show u around bro.
                    Is KC as scarry as they say it is?
                    THINK BLUE

Comment

Royals win 5-1 and Greinke gets 3 wins in a row!

Comment

Originally posted by birdog
                        Is KC as scarry as they say it is?
                        no not at all! the twins have owned kc for awhile with all their fans comin down here they call it their home away from home. I took my daughter to her first game last yr vs the the twins and we sat IN THE TWINS SECTION! it really sucked but they are classy fans for the most part. its not like watchin a philly mets game now those are some knockdown dragouts! kc fans haven't had that much pride but I hope this yr will change things and we will run out the visiting bs and claim our home back!

Comment

KC has a very nice young team and Greinke is a true ace but to think they can contend this year for them is a little bit of a stretch unless they have guys in the minors who are ready to contribute for 4-5 in the rotation.

500 is a reasonable goal this year and contend next year.

I know the Tigers have looked like pure shit so far this year but when its mid April and they are 5.5 games out of first and people are trying to throw in the towel get real.

Royals are a great up and comer though....Greinke and Gordon are two of my favorites and Soria is super underrated

PEACE

Comment

Originally posted by MtrCtyPimp

I know the Tigers have looked like pure shit so far this year but when its mid April and they are 5.5 games out of first and people are trying to throw in the towel get real.

PEACE
                            So early in the season. Just look back on what the Phillies did last year. And the Yankees for that matter. So I totally agree with you on your point, Pimp.

And to the other guys in this thread I just wanted to say that it real interesting reading. Didnt know KC had such a good farm system and it was cool hearing about KC, the town and the stadium stuff. Plus, I lived in Philly for 4 years and those fans are just rude, obnoxious, boisterous, annoying and embarrassing as far as Im concerned. Just my opinion though. And RCMCD, look forward to your picks in the Edge.
                            "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it." George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by 3ebRocks
                              So early in the season. Just look back on what the Phillies did last year. And the Yankees for that matter. So I totally agree with you on your point, Pimp.

And to the other guys in this thread I just wanted to say that it real interesting reading. Didnt know KC had such a good farm system and it was cool hearing about KC, the town and the stadium stuff. Plus, I lived in Philly for 4 years and those fans are just rude, obnoxious, boisterous, annoying and embarrassing as far as Im concerned. Just my opinion though. And RCMCD, look forward to your picks in the Edge.
                              No offense man, but NY fans aren't much better.

To get to this post, KC is playing well, but the fact that they're averaging like 3 runs/game will eventually catch up to them. No way they stay in the race.

Comment

Working...
                              X