Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chado's 2008 NHL Playoffs Picks (Round 1)!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chado's 2008 NHL Playoffs Picks (Round 1)!!!

Sup everyone!!!

Havent been logged on here since Friday morning as I am trying to minimize my gambling and overall computer and internet usage as its been a little overwhelming. With summer around the corner its time to get out there and enjor other aspects of life. GOLF BABY!!! I had been getting all riled up about stupid petty things on here and in the real scheme of life its is just dumb to get all worked up about what people think of me on an internet site. Anyway, there are a few people on BC who I do not like but for the most part I have a ton of respect for a vass majority of all you. Also, it seems as though my work is gonna be monitoring non-business usage of internet sites very shortly as thats the word around the office so I most likely wont be able to come on here during the day anyway and dont plan on being on half as much as I have been cause its really not beneficial to myself personally. I will however be posting my NHL playoffs picks for the next two months but thats about it. Enough of my BS. I dont think anyone on here is more fucking excited for tonight then myself. Its that time of year again folks I am glad to say that its makes it even 100 times more special knowing that my Habs are Stanley Cup contenders this time around for the first time in over a decade and how sweet it feels. I am praying to God they do not choke and Price can get the job done. Its not in God we believe its "in Bob we believe". as in Bob Gainey GM of the Montreal Canadiens that made the biggest balsy move at the deadline trading away Crostibal Huet and putting the weight of the team into the hands of 20 year old rookie goaltender Carey Price. This is no ordinary rookie goaltender here folks. Just watch him play. His demeanor, calm, cool, and collecitve attitude is phenomenal. He acts like a veteran out there and makes tough saves look so easy. His lateral movement and composure between the pipes is something special. Their is nothing better than this time of year. when the ice surface turns into a battlefield, and its inhabitants into gladiators. This is no exaggeration. There is a visual haze over the ice during this march to the promise land. That haze can be cut with a knife, for that haze is passion. Seriously, watch for it, especially in the later rounds of the playoffs.
    The fastest game on earth gets faster, the hits… harder, the shots….more accurate. Every pass, every goal, every game, every day is full of grit compliled with mental and physical toughness and every shift could be the difference between moving on, or going home. Blood, sweat, and shear fucking war there is NOTHING better. Anyway, there are a few series wagers I am making that really stand out. I am playing the following:

FIRST ROUND SERIES WAGERS:

New York Rangers (-115)
    FIRST ROUND SERIES BEST BET AND TOP WAGER!!!
    $230 TO WIN $200

Rangers are 7-0-1 against the Devils this season. This does not happen by luck or coincidence. As much as the Rangers have pissed me off betting on them in the regular season we must keep in mind oddsmakers had them #1 to win the Stanley Cup prior to the start of the season with the Ducks being 2nd. They have WAY too much talent to fold right now. Jaromir Jagr and Brendan Shannahan are playoff veterans who know how to play when things matter most. Also I expect the off season acquisitions of Chris Drury and Scott Gomez to stand out in this series and to what they were brought to New York to do. I have been saying all season that the Rangers cannot fucking score so if these guys and others can put the puck in the net, goaltender Henrik Lundquist can hold down the fort for sure. Of course I cannot discount Devils goaltender Martin Brodeur but the Rangers are a team that he struggles against and the 1-7 season series record is indicative of this. The Devils set a franchise worst record for being shutout and held scoreless 11 fucking times this season. If Broduer cannot bail these Devils out with their offensive struggles they are toast. The Rangers get it done and win this at home in the 6th game of the series and maybe even quicker IMO!!!

Montreal Canadiens (-360) / Detroit Red Wings (-600)
    TWO TEAM SERIES PARLAY @ -200
    $200 TO WIN $100

My Habs have beat the Bruins 11 straight games dating back to the 2006/2007 season. We have also beat the Bruins in 8 straight playoff series. This series is a total mismatch and Boston will be totally incapable of matching our speed like the other 8 games we played against them this season. Also, the Bruins better hope they stay far away from the penalty box because Montreal's #1 ranked power play in the entire NHL is nothing short of lethal and against Boston's 28th ranked penalty-kill which is the worst of any playoff team is trouble. The Bruins had their chance to avoid this 1st round mathcup against us on Saturday night but they got shutout at home to the non playoff Sabres who started their back up goalie aswell in Jocelyn Thibeault. Now that is just fucking pathetic. They controlled their own fate on Saturday and put forth a terrible effort and are now gonna get exactly what they apparently wanted. Habs take the series in no more than 5 games with the Bruins maybe sqeaking one out in game 3 or 4 on their home ice. As for the Wings, I know they have struggled for a significant part of the 2nd half of the season but that was largely due in part to several injuries they suffered which I believe accounted for that 7 or 8 game losing streak they had at one point. But lets not forget here people. This team started the season something like 40-10 and are also full of veteran leaders with plenty of playoff experience in Chris Chelios, Dominek Hasek, Tomas Holmstrom, Nicklas Lidstrom, etc. etc. etc. They won the Presidents trophy for the best overal NHL regular season record of 54-21-7 for like the 10000th time in their franchises history or some shit. If and only IF Hasek can hold down the fort himself at the same time his defense can play great around him helping cut off the man, deflect passes, clear rebounds, and block shots I have this Red Wings team going to at least the Western Conference finals to face either the Sharks or Ducks. I dont like laying the -200 on this series parlay but both #1 seeds are not gonna lose in the first round this year IMO and I doubt either will even go more than 5 games!!!

Philadelphia Flyers (+130)
    $50 TO WIN $65

Well if it isnt your feel good story of the season. The Philadelphia Flyers finished absoultely DEAD last in the entire NHL last season and have turned things around and made the playoffs this year. This team was flying high throughout the first half of the season but have faltered off slightly in the 2nd half. This is also due in large part to several injuries they had suffered but are back to strong health now. They finished the season shutting out both the Devils and Penguins. Now that is very impressive and Biron looked GREAT. The Washington Capitals are the other side of this great story as Alexander Ovechkin had one of the best season for scoring that anyone has witnessed in over a decade as he scored a fucking ridiculous 65 goals and became the first 60 goal scorer sicne Jagr and Lemieux did it in the same season back in the 90's. Ovechkin accounts for 30% of this teams scoring. After him there isnt much to write home about. The Caps ended the season only losing once in their last 10 games and have looked nothing sheer of dominant since the aquisition of Cristobal Huet. HOWEVER, the Caps play in the easiest conference in the Eastern Conference and quite possibly the whole league. When you play the Canes, Bolts, Panthers, and Thrashers (all 4 which are NON-playoff teams) it makes things look better than they are or seem. The Flyers may not have the amazing defense and goaltending to make them Stanley Cup contenders this year but they do have the other element to win playoff hockey and that is grit and tougness. I expect them to bang up this young and playoff unexperienced Caps squad and do everything possible to get Ovechkin off his game. Flyers are a great value play @ +130 against an over-rated 3rd seed Washington team that only holds that position because they won their division even though the Flyers have more points than them. They should win this in possibly 6 or 7 games!!!

Colorado Avalanche (+110)
    $50 to win $55

Although the season series gives the edge to the Wild at 5-3 we must remember that the Avs spent a great deal of this season without the "three S's" in Ryan Smith, Joe Sakic, and Paul Stastny out with injuries. The are ALL back now and with the trade deadline aquisitions of Adam Foote from Columbus and Petr Forsberg from Sweden this team look deadly. So considering there are 5 SIGNIFICANT playmakers who are all in the lineup and healthy now if they had had these guys since day one they most likely may have won the Northwest division and would be holding down the #3 seed and not the Wild. As for Minny, they have been built around defense and goaltending for years. This is their strong point as they were tied for 5th in the Western Conference in goals allowed with the Jackets only giving up 218. But with that being said what is even more surprising is with the improved play of the Avs goaltender Jose Theodore as Colorado has only given up one more goal than the Wild throughout the regualr season in the amount of 219. Slight edge defensively goes to the Wild but the signicant edge offensively goes to the Avs in this series. I just dont see the Wild being able to find the back of the net enough with just Marion Gaborik, Pierre-Marc Bouchard, and Brian Rolston as only their main offensive threats. Colorado takes this series in 6 games IMO and great value getting them at plus money!!!

FIRST ROUND; GAME 1 WAGERS:

2/10 Pittsburgh Penguins (-200) / Detroit Red Wings (-260) (+105) OT included ML Parlay
    $50 TO WIN $52.50

3/4 New York Rangers / New Jersey Devils UNDER 1.5 (-150) 1ST PERIOD TOTAL
    $75 TO WIN $50

7/8 Calgary Flames / San Jose Sharks UNDER 5.0 (-120) OT included
    $60 TO WIN $50

13/14 Dallas Stars / Anaheim Ducks UNDER 5.0 (-130) OT included
    $65 TO WIN $50

PS - WILL BE BACK IF I FIND ANYTHING ELSE I LIKE, STILL DEBATING ON PULLING THE TRIGGER WITH THE FLAMES TO WIN THE SERIES OVER THE SHARKS @ +270!!!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE AND THE 2008 NHL PLAYOFFS ARE HERE AND START TONIGHT BABY!!!

CAREY PRICE IS GONNA LEAD US TO THE PROMISED LAND!!!

GO HABS GO BABY!!!

Last edited by BettorsChat; 04-09-2008, 05:22 PM.
    SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

I think War & Peace might have been shorter

BOL
    Questions, comments, complaints:
    [email protected]

Comment

My New York Rangers logo screwed up and its past the 10 minute edit time..

Spark can you please add the following image where I messed up...thanks...

Comment

Good Luck

GO HABS!!!
        Good Luck to everyone
        Adam

Richie: [after Gus hits a homerun] Wow and he did it without steroids.
        Clark: What's steroids?
        Richie: Something that makes your pee-pee smaller.
        Clark: There must be steroids in macaroni!

Comment

Originally posted by meaiken
          Good Luck

GO HABS!!!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jcindaville
              I think War & Peace might have been shorter

BOL

Thanks John and GL to you too!!!

Comment

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Comment

I will be posting all my 1st round playoff picks daily in this thread..

Comment

Just so you guys know...

I personally did the Habs/Wings series parlay @ bet365.com that is unavailable for US residents but 5dimes.com is available for everyone and I believe they allow series parlays...

Comment

chado good luck!!
                      1*=$50

Crusader MM starting qb at Oregon

Comment

Glad to see you back and having a better grip on things.

(oh the jokes will follow.....sorry about that)

Good luck...I know this is your time of year.

Comment

Originally posted by Chado1
                          My New York Rangers logo screwed up and its past the 10 minute edit time..

SPARK, I DEMAND THAT YOU ADD THE FOLLOWING IMAGE WHERE I MESSED UP.

I'm sure Spark will get right on this.

Good Luck Buddy!!!
                          "Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
                          is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'"

Comment

Originally posted by Lsufan

Good Luck Buddy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lsufan

Good Luck Buddy!!!

You are such a trouble maker!!!

Comment

Working...