just a quick messege

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just a quick messege

sorry about the over on the spurs/blazers, but i guess when you're eliminated like the blazers you don't really care any more. i don't know what happened to the spurs. i think tony parker shot 4 of 16 from the field.

nhl playoffs are starting soon. i love hockey but haven't really been capping it this year. i did notice the red wings are playing nashville. great news if you like unders. detroit usually puts up anywhere from 30 to 50 shots in the playoffs. well nashvilles goalie dan ellis led the league in save percentage. look for the wings too win 3-1 in most games if they win at all. they do like too fold in the playoffs especially against a hot goalie.

i will look at some games as the playoffs start. i'll probably lay off nba till the playoffs start also. too many teams playing for nothing now. i'll try my hand at some baseball games over the next few days. look at some pitching match ups and see whats what. looks like tampa bay games over (depending on pitchers) looks good.

good luck cappers:
    The difference between genius and stupidity, is that genius has it's limits.

Einstien

I've had the over in the last two Spurs games and they just aren't going to score right now. My guess is they are coasting into the playoffs

KAZ
    [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

you have given us alot of winners man DONT SWEAT IT
      MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
      HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
      0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Originally posted by KazDog
        I've had the over in the last two Spurs games and they just aren't going to score right now. My guess is they are coasting into the playoffs

KAZ
        Spurs are fighting for home court out West....they arent coasting anywhere....I guess they are just getting their grind game going.

I caught of that Blazer game and I just dont understand these teams sometimes......they dribble and pas arouund and then force up a shot as the shot clock expires...heres a new concept, why not just take the best available shot as soon as you get it?

GL Dave

PEACE

Comment

Keep them coming David---no big deal--we all lose--hopefully we just have more W's than L's hope ypu had a nice birthday!!

Comment

Originally posted by MtrCtyPimp
            Spurs are fighting for home court out West....they arent coasting anywhere....I guess they are just getting their grind game going.

I caught of that Blazer game and I just dont understand these teams sometimes......they dribble and pas arouund and then force up a shot as the shot clock expires...heres a new concept, why not just take the best available shot as soon as you get it?

GL Dave

PEACE
            I don't care that they're fighting for home court. I'm sure they'd rather have every player healthy than get home court. Simple fact in the NBA is that home court doesn't mean that much in the playoffs. Been proven. See Dallas Mav's 2007. They'll win ugly against teams like Portland and quit against teams like Utah and make sure they don't push it and risk an injury.....That's my opinion of what's going on, believe what you'd like.

KAZ
            Last edited by KazDog; 04-06-2008, 11:57 PM.
            [email protected]

Comment

I don't care that they're fighting for home court. I'm sure they'd rather have every player healthy than get home court. Simple fact in the NBA is that home court doesn't mean that much in the playoffs. Been proven. See Dallas Mav's 2007. They'll win ugly against teams like Portland and quit against teams like Utah and make sure they don't push it and risk an injury.....That's my opinion of what's going on, believe what you'd like.

KAZ
              You just love playing point counterpoint.

If they wanted to have their players healthy why were they playing in the 4th quarter of a meaningless game since they dont want home court? Truth is Spurs can still slip to 7th out west and regardless of your opinion about homecourt the Spurs are 32-6 at while 21-18 on the road while teams like Utah are 32-4 at home and under 500 on the road. Trust me the Spurs have not packed in anything and for that matter nobody in the NBA has wrapped up anything besides the Celtics....even the Pistons are still trying to get wins to gain home court in the Finals if they get there.

If my opinion isnt enough here is what Duncan and Ginobili thought about this game and others.

Spurs stretch dominant streak over Blazers to 12 games
              April 6, 2008
              CBSSports.com wire reports

PORTLAND, Ore. -- The San Antonio Spurs are not letting up now that they've secured a place in the playoffs. There's too much scrambling in the Western Conference.

Tim Duncan had 27 points and 11 rebounds and San Antonio beat Portland 72-65 on Sunday, extending the Spurs' winning streak over the Trail Blazers to 12 straight games.

"It's tough because every game really, really counts. At this point of the season usually you get to rest a little more and relax a little more," Duncan said. "But now, every game is a big game."

San Antonio is among a handful of teams who can bump New Orleans out of the top spot in the West. With the win against Portland, the Spurs moved within 1½ games of the Hornets.

Manu Ginobili's dunk with 1:31 left all but sealed it for the Spurs, who handed the Blazers their fifth consecutive loss. Ginobili finished with 10 points and six assists.

The Spurs were coming off a 90-64 loss at Utah on Friday that snapped an eight-game winning streak. But the defending NBA champions clinched a playoff spot on Saturday when the Sacramento Kings beat the Denver Nuggets 118-115.

San Antonio's Tony Parker hit consecutive baskets, a running jumper and a jumper from the top of the key, to make it 70-60 with 3:37 left in the game.

Advertisement

"In past season with five games to go, you knew you could be first, second, third or even fourth, and that's it. This year it could be seventh, so it puts pressure on everybody," Ginobili said. "We cant slow down, we have to keep playing." All-Star guard Brandon Roy, who returned after a four-game absence because of a groin injury, led the Blazers (38-38) with 18 points. Travis Outlaw added 14 and LaMarcus Aldridge had 12 points and 11 rebounds.

Portland, eliminated from playoff contention last week, was coming off a 95-86 loss to Houston on Thursday. With five games left, the Trail Blazers hope to finish with a winning record.

"Of course winning is the goal to finish out the season. We want to win every game," Aldridge said. "We wanted to win tonight but the ball didn't bounce our way."

The Blazers were without starter Martell Webster, who suited up for Thursday night's game but experienced dizziness and flu-like symptoms and was taken to a hospital. Webster spent the night when doctors found an irregular heartbeat and he was not at Sunday's game.

The Blazers also lost center Joel Przybilla, who broke a bone in his right hand during the second quarter Sunday night and will miss the final five games of the season.

Przybilla was trying to block a shot when his hand hit the rim hard. The 7-foot-1 starter was averaging 4.8 points and 8.4 rebounds a game. Since the All-Star break, he had been averaging 11.4 rebounds.

Both teams got off to a sluggish start. The Blazers made just five of 22 field goals (22.7 percent) in the first quarter. The Spurs were just 6 of 17 (35.5 percent), and held a 17-13 lead.

San Antonio went up 24-15 in the second quarter on Kurt Thomas' turnaround jumper, but Outlaw and Jarrett Jack hit consecutive jumpers for the Blazers to narrow it to 24-19.

Michael Finley hit a 3-pointer for the Spurs before Roy scored for the first time in the game on a fast break. Roy would have nine points by the half.

Roy helped the Blazers narrow it to 54-50 with a step-back jumper with 2:48 left in the third quarter. San Antonio didn't let the Blazers get closer.

"There's five games left and we're going to do our best to finish strong," Roy said.

PEACE

Comment

KAZ
                I also played the Spurs over v Utah and got screwed in a game that wasnt even close and again tonight I tailed Dave in a game that wasnt even close.....poor shooting and pace did me in both times, not effort

PEACE

Comment

GL Dave

PEACE

its what i call the prevent offense. you should be used to it as a piston fan. as good as the playoffs will be this year, lets hope the spurs are out early. if they play det or bos in the finals, the totals wouldn't hit 180

Comment

Originally posted by molta02
                    its what i call the prevent offense. you should be used to it as a piston fan. as good as the playoffs will be this year, lets hope the spurs are out early. if they play det or bos in the finals, the totals wouldn't hit 180
                    Prevent offense does work Molta ....I watched this game and this wasnt prevent offense....it was just poor offense as they screwed around and burned the shot clock while dribbling and passing only to force up bad shots.

When teams are running a good prevent offense they are still running their sets and getting off good shots.....neither was the case today from the Spurs....they just have been brutal offensively.....they got destroyed by Utah but Portland just shot way too poorly

PEACE

Comment

a little help from someone you have helped. b-ball is obviously what you do, I like to think i'm pretty good with my hockey picks.

don't let dan ellis save percentage fool you, he may be the leader but that is only due to the fact that nashville switched goalies mid year. point is he didn't play a full season as a starter therefore his numbers will be better as he posted 3 shutouts in his last 5 starts. (that helps too) with this said I do like the red wings to kind of sit back and play the 1 period that they choose (like they have done all year).

a little info though the wings are only 14-11-2 against the central division (which is one of the worst divisions) 37-9 -6 against the rest of the league. they were 5-3 vs nashville SU but if you count those wonderful shootouts nashville was 3-3-2 vs detroit this year.

last but not least dave, nashville flat out tanked the last game so they could play detroit, if they would have won they would have had to play san jose and they are 0-4 vs them this season. bottom line is I agree with on the unders and in any game 5 and beyond under all the way. I just think that detroit might turn on the jets and give Dan Ellis a little lesson in playoff hockey. wait until ellis shows he will/won't crack in that first game in hockey town.

chado knows this about me I am a goalie fanatic, I am not really impressed with hasek either, but on experience alone he should be able to take down the preds, then again so can osgood IMO

Comment

You just love playing point counterpoint.

PEACE
                        Probably so.

But they quit against Utah. And they did just what they needed to beat the Blazers today. Call it playing hard for their seed if you like, but I say they're doing only what's required right now. I don't pay much attention to their quotes. It's that time of the season and they need rest and wins. They're old. Maybe coasting was a poor choice of words. Up until the Utah and Blazer game, they scored.....

116, 109, 99, 97, 107, 88, 102, 102, 91 and 98

Three days later, they score.....64 and 72 respectively.

Scoring by a high level team like the Spurs doesn't just fall off the table for no good reason.

KAZ
                        [email protected]

Comment

Great job lately as usual Dave and I hope you had a good birthday. And I more or less echo the sentiments of Mrpain. I agree with pretty much everything he said, and I am a hockey lover, but admittedly I follow the Eastern Conference closer than the west. Regardless, I was reading a few hockey related blogs earlier and I was surprised to read that they were talking about exactly what Pain said about Nashville tanking. Now of course it could be speculation, but it is worth considering because there is something to be said for not wanting to play a team you are winless against. Anyway, if Detroit gets a hold of that news (and Im sure they will if we did and I would even suspect it could be spoken about in the mainstream media) they may feel they have a bit of a point to prove so that might throw the "play one period" Detroit style out the window. Just some more food for thought to think about and consider.

And give the bases a shot. There are bets to be won!
                          "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it." George Bernard Shaw

Comment

thanks guys for your input on the red wings, i was just making a statement about the past few years whats happened to them. ex: last year against the ducks. i think the score ended up 2-1 or 3-2 in double ot. they had over 50 shots. i'm not saying ellis is js guigare, but!!!! i've been watching hockey since the 1960 season and i know 1 thing, hot goalies can take you a long way, and if the wings don't play hard through 3 periods, it could be an early exit for them. they also have to be careful of key guys and injuries. holmstom is coming back, i think he played today. defense has been hurting the past few months, but all seem to be healthy. i'm hoping they go all the way. a few of their players are getting to a point where they only have a few years or games left in them.

thanks again guys.
                            The difference between genius and stupidity, is that genius has it's limits.

Einstien

Comment

Working...
                            X