Curse of the Bambino Special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curse of the Bambino Special

For those of you who haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend you watch the one hour special viewing on HBO(the regular one).
    It is a great take of what longtime suffering Red Sox fans like me have suffered over the years.
    It views tomorrow(Tuesday) from 12-1PM, Sat. at the same time and then on Wed. Oct. 8 at 11:00 PM at night.
    Great take and at least tape it if you can't watch it when scheduled.

As a relatively young Bosox fan I thought this documentary was really good. Of course I've heard all the stories and myths but too see it on film from historians was great. Like you said HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Comment

You think the Red Sox and Boston have it bad ?

try being a Buffalo fan

4 straight visits to the superbowl 4 straight crushing defeats

you think watching the ball go through Buckners legs was bad hey try watching your field goal kicker line up to win the superbowl...and he boots it wide right...Oh sorry forgot your field goal kicker nailed his to win the Bowl Vs the Rams

try watching the Sabres for DECADES only to see them advance to the Finals twice and lose twice they were ROBBED by Berenie Parent the Flyers goalie the first time around then got robbed by the refs the second time around vs Dallas no way that goal Hull scored should have counted.

Oh did I mention H O M E R U N T H R O W B A C K the music city miracle....that was fun to watch Talk about having your heart ripped out of your chest.

Did Mention when the Sabres lost a playoff series 3 years ago vs the Flyers when John leclair scored a game winning goal they went through the net from behind the net....it never even went in

How does being 0/4 in SUPERBOWLS SOUND
      How does being 0/2 in STANLEY CUP FINALS SOUND

how does not even having a NBA team sound ? or a baseball team ?

at least Boston had the Celtics in their hay day. at least they saw New England win a superbowl...at least they saw the Bruins win the Cup Bobby Orr scoring that amazing goal in game 7. at least Boston has a baseball team rich with history

BOOH HOO Boston Fans.... give me a break

Im sick of hearing how bad Red Sox fans have suffered...give me a break

HBO should do a special on Buffalo LMAO

Comment

What you say is true but Buffalo unlike Red Sox has not gone 85 years without a championship;thats a long time.
        ps-check local listings for the special as times I gave are for HBO East;there are separate times for HBO West. Check it out at www.hbo.com.

Comment

Ryan C...I'm not trying to be picky,Bobby Orrs goal was in the 4th game of an overtime game w/St louis...but it won the cup from a 4 game sweep.

If Norwood hits that chip shot, Bills would have probably won the next 3 bowls.

Thanks god for Adam Vineteri.

Comment

Ryan Buffalo has 2 major sports so they don't count when talking about major market teams and if it's so bad then move. The difference between Boston and Buffalo with sports is non existent cause breaking the hearts of people in Buffalo doesn't compare with the amount of fans in Boston and they follow ALL Boston teams, go ANYWHERE in the country and you will see a HUGE fan base that doesn't even compare. Your using the Sabres and Bills? ..... YOU GIVE ME A BREAK!

Comment

The RED SOX CANT WIN

WE CAN"T BEAT THE YANKEES

Go cry Boston fans when your done you can wipe away the tears with all the championship banners you have hanging from the Fleet center

why don't you be happy you won a cup
              why not be happy you had a Baketball DYNASTY
              why not be happy you won the superbowl

But no lets just cry over the REDSOX

most sports fans like all Sports....you have tasted CHAMPIONSHIPS.....so stop crying

It is a good show....the history is amazing But STOP already

and why show this now ? that should be good karma LOL HBO directors must be yankee fans.

this post is in good nature...it's not a bash but it is how I feel for all zero of you who care

Comment

Working...
              X