PGA TOUR PRO kills hawk with a golf shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PGA TOUR PRO kills hawk with a golf shot

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - PGA tour golfer Tripp Isenhour is charged in Orlando with killing a protected migratory hawk with a golf shot.
    It occurred in December when Isenhour was filming a video segment for the television show "Shoot Like A Pro."

Prosecutors say a red-shouldered hawk was making noise, forcing a video crew to film another take. The hawk moved closer, and the golfer hit several balls at it.

A witness says the bird fell to the ground, bleeding from both nostrils.

The 39-year-old golfer, whose real name is John Henry Isenhour III, is charged with cruelty to animals and killing a migratory bird.

NBA is a joke

Hope Monte isn't on the jury or he may get the death sentence

Comment

HAHA! This guy is fucked if PETA gets involved, funny how the same type organizations that will want his skin are pro-abortion?
      NBA is a joke

Comment

Maybe we should let the punishment fit the crime.....

Stand him in front of Tiger and let Tiger hit a few drives at his ass. You capitol punishment people should appreciate that.!

KAZ
        [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

Originally posted by KazDog
          Maybe we should let the punishment fit the crime.....

Stand him in front of Tiger and let Tiger hit a few drives at his ass. You capitol punishment people should appreciate that.!

KAZ
          You poor bleeding heart. Start a petition to ban all mouse traps as well....

Comment

Kaz, it was a dumb ass thing to do and I bet he feels bad about it. Just hope it doesn't become a national fiasco.

The guy was doing what he was rained to do: make birdies! lol

If the guy is that good a shot, why hasn't he won?
            NBA is a joke

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
              You poor bleeding heart. Start a petition to ban all mouse traps as well....
              Yeah, because mice are on the endangered species list.

Why don't you stand in front of me and let me hit a few hundred golf balls at you? With that gut of yours, I could shank every one and still hit you.

KAZ
              [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by flarendep1
                Kaz, it was a dumb ass thing to do and I bet he feels bad about it. Just hope it doesn't become a national fiasco.

The guy was doing what he was rained to do: make birdies! lol

If the guy is that good a shot, why hasn't he won?
                It won't be a fiasco, but what a jackass. To stand there launching golf balls, as an adult, at a protected hawk, means he must be a real moron.....Guys like that deserve the criticism they get. JMO

KAZ
                [email protected]

Comment

Comment

what a fucker ....they could edit a loud ass hawk noise in post production if the noise was really a problem

Comment

According to court documents, Isenhour got upset when a red-shouldered hawk began making noise, forcing another take. He began hitting balls at the bird, then 300 yards away, but gave up. Isenhour started again when the hawk moved within about 75 yards, Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission officer Brian Baine indicated in a report.

Isenhour allegedly said “I’ll get him now,” and aimed for the hawk.

“About the sixth ball came very near the bird’s head, and (Isenhour) was very excited that it was so close,” Baine wrote.

A few shots later, witnesses said he hit the hawk. The bird, protected as a migratory species, fell to the ground bleeding from both nostrils.

“As soon as this happened, I was mortified and extremely upset and continue to be upset,” Isenhour said in a statement issued through his management company, SFX Golf. “I want to let everyone know there was neither any malice nor deliberate intent whatsoever to hit or harm the hawk. I was trying to simply scare it into flying away.”

Isenhour said his family has adopted three cats from a local shelter.

“I am an animal lover,” he said. “We ask that everyone accept my sincerest apology, and please be respectful of my family’s privacy.”

Isenhour has spent two full years on the PGA Tour, both times failing to keep his card. He has won four times on the Nationwide Tour, including twice in 2006.

I am no bleeding heart, but it does seem pretty cruel.
                      It reminds me of Dave Winfield winging a gull in Toronto several years ago. Can't remeber if it was on purpose or not.

Comment

......the golfer is an idiot, but what was the hawk thinking? no wonder the red shoulder hawk is a protected species, brave or just stupid?

Comment

I can't believe I'm the only one who finds this hysterical

Guess i'm just a prick

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
                            I can't believe I'm the only one who finds this hysterical

Guess i'm just a prick
                            If he was gonna eat it, no problem. To kill it just to show off seems sensless.

I have become more of a wimp as I get older.

Comment

I think randy johnson delivering the 'exploding bird fastball' was wayyy funnier, this story is just kinda dumb without video....I like the thought of them burying the protected red shoulder hawk on the golf course only to have him dug up by florida investigators....I wonder if he used an iron or wood to hit the bird? I wouldve gone with a 3 iron and spent half an hour and a bucket of balls trying to hit the bird

Comment

Working...
                              X