Kaptains "Last Home Game Cautions"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kaptains "Last Home Game Cautions"

thouight I might throw out something for you guys to ponder.....

some of these games are last home games, and probably some are Seniors Night.....

Here's the caution....

A home team favored by say 16-19, get's way ahead, and then lets the Seniors (lots of em not starters) finish out the game, they still win, but get back doored and don't cover....

Contrastly, a heavy road favorite, say 16-19, could be winning by say just 10-12, with a few minutes left, home team inserts Seniors (have alosing season anyway---want to go home), and allows the Visiting favs to regroup and cover.....

Also take into consideration, how many visiting teams could cover the spread, but back off and match the home teams Seniors with their second string.....

I'm just saying----take a good look at high line games today.....take these things into consideration....

Shouldn't affect lines say around -12 and under,though it may even do that in the last minute or two.....This time of the year is a ton of fruitless fouls (scrubs playing), senseless 3 pointers (scrubs trying to score), and a big lack of referees making calls in the last minute or 2....senseless time outs....etc

There should be a ton of games making turnarounds in the last minute or 2 today....IMO

All these coaches care about is winning right now, not by how much.....Tourneys are coming, they'll load up then, and some teams are glad the damn season is over....

Look at em good....best to ya----and I'll bet that we hear some whining tomorrow about the dumb ass fouls, senseless shots, bad officiating, etc......
    Last edited by Kaptain; 03-05-2008, 10:58 AM.

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Good info Kapt, thanks

Comment

Thanks Kapt, With that said I think I'll follow The Thrill's
      advice and take the Cowboys!! Don't think OU could
      match up tonight if they play Starting Seniors for the
      full game! In Bedlam OSU will probably have to be up
      over Double Digits before Subbing!

TOUCHDOWN FAT BOY!

I was Born my Pappy's Son,
      When I hit the ground, I was on the Run!
      Jon E. Checkers

Comment

Working...
      X