Happy trails to Kentuckys post season dreams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy trails to Kentuckys post season dreams

Kentucky freshman Patrick Patterson will miss the rest of the season because of a stress fracture in his left ankle.

Patterson, a blue chip recruit out of West Virginia who leads all Southeastern Conference freshman scorers with 16.4 points a game, had the injury confirmed after an X-ray Friday. He will be out approximately eight weeks and is wearing a cast on his foot, the school said.

The statement didn't indicate how Patterson got hurt, and a call to UK media relations wasn't immediately returned.

The injury is a blow for the Wildcats, who face No. 1 Tennessee on Sunday in a battle for first place in the SEC East.

The 6-foot-8 Patterson, who averages eight rebounds, has taken the vast majority of Kentucky's shots in the paint. Without him, the Wildcats may have to rely more heavily on sophomore forward Perry Stevenson and seldom-used junior Jared Carter and freshman Mo Williams.

Kentucky (16-10, 10-3) has three games remaining before the SEC tournament and may need multiple victories to sneak into the NCAA tournament.

Patterson led Huntington High to three straight West Virginia state championships, the last one alongside fellow phenom O.J. Mayo, who currently plays for Southern Cal.
    Questions, comments, complaints:
    [email protected]

They weren't gonna make any noise anyway

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21

Nope but believe me, those blue bloods wanted in bad. I work with a bunch of those necks and they hate not making the tourney
      Questions, comments, complaints:
      [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21

Other than about 5 teams I will put their starting 5 up against the starting that is in the top 25.... That includes Drake, Xavier, etc... They just have a headcase in their point guard and a stuborn coach... UK lost 13 games in the late 80's and made it to the round of 16 where they lost to St. John's because Chris Mullins poked Kenny Walker in the eye. If that did not happen they could have made it to the round of 8...

Comment

Originally posted by jcindaville
          Nope but believe me, those blue bloods wanted in bad. I work with a bunch of those necks and they hate not making the tourney
          Any "We want Tubby back" signs being posted for your co-workers

Comment

Originally posted by buddyluv1968
            Other than about 5 teams I will put their starting 5 up against the starting that is in the top 25.... That includes Drake, Xavier, etc... They just have a headcase in their point guard and a stuborn coach... UK lost 13 games in the late 80's and made it to the round of 16 where they lost to St. John's because Chris Mullins poked Kenny Walker in the eye. If that did not happen they could have made it to the round of 8...
            You're nuts lol. Kentucky is not a good team imo

Comment

They are a terrible team with a good starting 5. Their record reflect that. They had some injuries to some key players a head coach that would rather lose a game to prove a point. A point guard that is selfish and make silly decisions. What I am saying on a given night they are capable of beating 20 teams that are ranked in the top 25 with Patterson....

Comment

thanks jc

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

i bet it killed you to post this.

lol

Comment

Originally posted by jcindaville
                    HOLD ON MY FRIEND...THEY CAN STILL MAKE THE NIT!

Comment

Working...
                    X