Originally posted by BillMill71
      I like for betting purposes:

Gordon 6-1
      Edwards 7-1
      Hamlin 12-1
      Burton 35-1
      Mears 35-1
      Hornish 100-1
      Hornish did surprisingly well at Daytona .
      You been playin' the Ponies Bill ?

gl dawg

Comment

Originally posted by Ldawg
        Hornish did surprisingly well at Daytona .
        You been playin' the Ponies Bill ?

gl dawg
        He did do well. And see who owns the speed record for open wheel at California raceway. And due to owner points he will be up front to start. At 100-1 why not? Although I know KB doesn't agree.

Yeah Ponies have been ok for me.
        2012 - 2013 NCAAF

21 - 20 - 0

2012 - 2013 NFL

14 - 10 - 1

Comment

Although I know KB doesn't agree.
          Me either to be honest. Playing Hornish to Win is like throwing money away.

Donate it to charity instead! lol

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
            Me either to be honest. Playing Hornish to Win is like throwing money away.

Donate it to charity instead! lol
            I through plenty at the horses, so you never know, at 100-1 I will throw $20 at it and just see. I will put more on the others to cover it.
            2012 - 2013 NCAAF

21 - 20 - 0

2012 - 2013 NFL

14 - 10 - 1

Comment

I through plenty at the horses, so you never know, at 100-1 I will throw $20 at it and just see. I will put more on the others to cover it.

11 or 12 horses in a 2 minute race don't even compare to a race that lasts 4 hours with 43 people. That's like saying Hornish may have the lead after 3 laps. He may, but he has no chance to lead the last one!

Comment

11 or 12 horses in a 2 minute race don't even compare to a race that lasts 4 hours with 43 people. That's like saying Hornish may have the lead after 3 laps. He may, but he has no chance to lead the last one!
                No chance? I am just learning Nascar, but if that was the case why wan't he thrown into "the field" for betting purposes (or is 100-1 even worse then field), and what if like last week the Hendricks cars are targeted (into the wall) and then there is another crash which takes out the Roush team (which happens all the time), he still doesn't stand a chance?
                2012 - 2013 NCAAF

21 - 20 - 0

2012 - 2013 NFL

14 - 10 - 1

Comment

I think 1 guy in the last 5 years with odds above 75-1 has won a race. It probably happens every day in horses, not auto racing!

Comment

No chance? I am just learning Nascar, but if that was the case why wan't he thrown into "the field" for betting purposes (or is 100-1 even worse then field), and what if like last week the Hendricks cars are targeted (into the wall) and then there is another crash which takes out the Roush team (which happens all the time), he still doesn't stand a chance?

You have 1000% better chance playing "Field" over hornish!

Roush owns this place too. If Hendricks doesn't do well, there are plenty of those guys or the good Toyota's or the good Dodge teams that would win before Hornish. What Hornish did in a open wheel car here honestly means absolutely nothing in a stock car.

Comment

Bill

Nascar is about teams and helping each other, unlike horses. Nobody and i mean nobody wants to help Hornish here in the end and they don't want him coming in to their circuit and winning one early either. These guys will treat Hornish like the plague if he is up there late!

Comment

I think 1 guy in the last 5 years with odds above 75-1 has won a race. It probably happens every day in horses, not auto racing!
                        Ok, I see.

Besides Kenseth/Johnson dominance, I just see at California for the Feb race this for the starting position of the final winner:

2006 31st
                        2007 25th

So someone can come from the back to race up to the front, just a shot. Hey I give enough to charity, so this won't hurt.
                        2012 - 2013 NCAAF

21 - 20 - 0

2012 - 2013 NFL

14 - 10 - 1

Comment

Bill

Nascar is about teams and helping each other, unlike horses. Nobody and i mean nobody wants to help Hornish here in the end and they don't want him coming in to their circuit and winning one early either. These guys will treat Hornish like the plague if he is up there late!
                          I thought unlike Daytona let's say that drafting and team helping is a little less important in a 2mi superspeed way?

Man I have a lot to learn.

I guess the $25 I gave for Survivor was a nice Charity to give to
                          2012 - 2013 NCAAF

21 - 20 - 0

2012 - 2013 NFL

14 - 10 - 1

Comment

Ok, I see.

Besides Kenseth/Johnson dominance, I just see at California for the Feb race this for the starting position of the final winner:

2006 31st
                            2007 25th

So someone can come from the back to race up to the front, just a shot. Hey I give enough to charity, so this won't hurt.

Starting position won't matter. Hornish starting up there means nothing. The guy who won the 2 races you mentioned is a top driver in Nascar. Those guys can do that. Guys like Hornish will not. Others will make him earn their respect 1st and it won't happen in week 2. I guarantee it!

Comment

I thought unlike Daytona let's say that drafting and team helping is a little less important in a 2mi superspeed way?

Man I have a lot to learn.

I guess the $25 I gave for Survivor was a nice Charity to give to

This is a very big and fast track with no restrictor plates. Tracks like Bristol will have very little drafting but this one will. When it comes down to it, drivers WILL NOT help Hornish one bit if they have another regular Nascar driver to help as an option. It's just how it is.

Comment

Working...
                              X