Discussion on Duke and St. Johns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion on Duke and St. Johns

Just my opinion. The line is set right. I also like under the first half and over the second half.
    Look folks, I want to throw down on Duke as much as any of you but lets face some facts and understand the line.
    This is not to be demeaning to existing thoughts on the game but to allow a discussion.

St. Johns has been blown out by one team Georgetown by 30 points. There biggest line they have been up against was 18 @ West Va and they covered at 11 points. Again the next biggest line was @ Louisville and they covered 16 points by winning ATS with a 10 point difference.

The fact is St. Johns has gone into a slow down type game lately and trys to give itself a chance to win

For SJ- 7 out of the last 8 games have gone under. This is against good teams in Louisville, Georgetown, So. Fla, Rutgers, Providence, Cinncinati, Vilanova and the last an over with Marquette. 23 Turnovers in the Marquette game doomed them to a 9 point loss.
    With St. Johns- The opponents score on these last 8 games were 67, 74, 58, 45, 62, 60, 60 and 73.

Lets look at Duke in these high lined games.
    OK They took care of Albany a 28 point dog and won by 41 points. That should have been a GOY.
    Against E. Kentucky a similar situation.
    But lets look at an under type team to get a better perspective.

Against Princeton 22.5 line and lost the cover at 18 points.
    Against Cornell (hate Ivy league) they could not cover a 29.5 line and won by 14 points only. This was after losing their very first game to Pittsburgh, so they should have been fired up.

as for Duke- 9 of last 10 games have gone over.
    I understand that all will expect Duke to give St. Johns a spanking but I am not buying it at the moment. I do not know what is wrong with Duke to lose these last two games away, and I believe there is no place like home to straighten it out but if St. Johns plays a slow down game then you will see it in the first half and that is where they have been about even with the competion on away games. I believe Duke will come back strong in the 2nd half. Duke will not enjoy a slow down game and the Redmen are going to not get into a footrace with these guys.
    Last edited by Spearit; 02-23-2008, 11:37 AM.
    "The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice.

I agree Spearit....enough to even play St Johns.....if Duke does roll em Ill tip my cap and move on but I dont they will.....

PEACE

Comment

By the way my play is St. Johns Under 59 1/2.
      Duke will need to score at least 73 to win here and that is at the top of the poll for St. Johns opposition as of late.

Comment

Very interesting spearit. Enough so to probally get me off playing Duke for the first half. I see your thinking expecting St. Johns to have a hard time scoring again; however, regardless of how St. John's plays the game, slow down or not, expecting St. John's to stay under 60 points may be asking too much.

Only 3 times in 24 games has Duke held a team under 60 points and two of those were close to scoring 60; Florida State 57 and Wisconsin 58. Good luck, I think I'll sit back and see what happens.

Comment

Only good thing for Duke is this game couldnt of came at a better time in their schedule!!! Will they win by 23 I dont know but I know Temple has covered a few in this series the last few years so becareful
          THINK BLUE

Comment

This start is as mentioned. The redmen have come to play.

Comment

And there goes Duke- wheeeee! My bet of SJ under 59 1/2 lookng better.

Comment

SJ Under 59 1/2-----------------------------------WIN 11-3 Posted

Thanx Eljugo - Won on 2nd half Duke as well.

Comment

spearit. Correct what I said. Should be only 4 times in 25 games has Duke held a team under 60 points, not 3 times in 24 games. Nice job coming up with your Under play.

Comment

Working...
                  X