Rockets get in on Trade Frenzy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockets get in on Trade Frenzy

Today is the NBA trade deadline, and it appears the Rockets have swapped G Bonzi Wells and G Mike James for G Bobby Jackson of the Hornets.

Chemistry has been rally good for Rockets , who have won 8 straight, and 17 of 20 ( 18-4 since Jan 1), so this move must have been a result of GM Darryl Morey's unique statistical model.

Thoughts on this one, gang?
    You can't always get what you want, but if you try some time, you might find, you get what you need.

I like Bobby Jackson, he'll be good back up to Alston. James isn't really a point guard, and Bonzi's been playing ok, but I think he's a cancer. Don't know anything about the player's contracts

Comment

Grandpa
      Not much to worry about here. Bonzi and Jackson are both ready for the back-up dung heap. Luther Head is back in for Houston and Bonzi was available at the time but not really needed. Houston unlocked its over the salary limit and gave up really nothing. I expect another trade for Houston as they now have the money to go out and get a real performer to help with depth.
      NO is looking for depth and they got it. Bonzi is a guard forward I believe and can help them in the playoffs.
      I believe thi may be a win- win situation for both clubs but you have to like Houston's position to come out of two salaries it did not want and can pick up a decent player from a lower ranked team as depth.
      Last edited by Spearit; 02-21-2008, 03:19 PM.
      "The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice.

Comment

thanks for the info/input grandpa

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

In a separate deal, also traded for Gerald Green, a Houston product who is now famous for blowing out the cupcake in the Slam Dunk Contest.

In the first trade, it helped dump Mike James $12M, contract, while acquiring B Jax at 6.1/per with another year remaining, also placing the team under the luxury tax #s. These moves put the club in great financial shape for next year, and may actually maintain the status quo as for this year.

Bravo, Morey!
          You can't always get what you want, but if you try some time, you might find, you get what you need.

Comment

More threads being added to same topic....

Comment

Working...
            X