Monday's Baskets and Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday's Baskets and Hockey

Just some bookkeeping to start. Split out on my two college plays yesterday. Had Duke and the over figuring that if Duke took the loss, the game would get into the 80's. Thats what happened, took my shot with the Devils though, but no harm no foul. On the ice, I followed up a 2-0 friday with a day off on Saturday then 3-0 last night. On a 5 game win streak and 23-11 overall taking totals only.

Also just want to say congrats to Wayne on his GOY winner, Greek on his monster day, thanks to Deano for the Ball State winner and everyone else for their contributions to a great forum.

Now to the selections:

Took Rhode Island early this morning at +2.5 because the Lavendar injury undoubitedly would affect the line and it did. They are now -1.5. So URI is my selection but I will only count it as win if they cover the 1.5 and a loss if they lose by more than 3. Think thats only fair. Coming back in a bit with the rest of the college selections from the MAAC conference.

NHL I am going with both games remaining.

55/56 Detroit/Colorado Under 5.5
    Detroit playing tight as can be trying not to make mistakes to extend their losing streak. They have the defense to keep this a defensive battle and dont have the confidence on offense at this point to open it up.

57/58 Yotes/Kings Over 6
    Both teams on a tear offensively. Only hesitation is that they put up 7 yesterday and I generally dont handicap based on history repeating itself on a nightly basis. But both teams are putting the puck in the net and I think that should continue.

Back later with more baskets.

Best of luck everyone.
    Last edited by 3ebRocks; 02-18-2008, 05:52 PM.
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it." George Bernard Shaw

BOL 3Rock!
    NBA is a joke

Comment

BOL tonite Rocks.
      Records listed in members records forum.

Comment

College Plays:
        523  Siena -3.5 Line has gone down from 5 in this one.  Think there may be an overreaction to Manhattan destroying Marist as a home underdog.  Siena beat Marist twice and is the better team here and plays well on the road.

527/528  Rider/Loyola Maryland Over 152Huge total but both teams run and gun and dont play much defense.

529  Marist +2.5  Have this handicapped as Marist being a small favorite so I will try it with the points.  Marist has won the last 5 in this series and the last two at Fairfield, covering both times.

531  Iona -5.5 Canisius just stinks.  Thats all I can really say about it.  Me and 4 guys from this forum could probably beat Canisius.  Also taking over in this game due to Canisius lack of defense.  The total sits where many Iona totals sit and they are just 9-14 O/U on the year, but only twice a year do they get to play a team so indept on the defensive side of the ball.

533/534  AP/TSU  Over 152.  Wouldnt shock me if this game gets into the 170's.

Best of luck everyone.
        Last edited by 3ebRocks; 02-18-2008, 06:48 PM.
        "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it." George Bernard Shaw

Comment

gl 3eb----thanks

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

BOL tonight Rocks!!!
            SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Gl tonight Eb ! on the det under with you ...

Comment

Working...
              X