Virginia/NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virginia/NC

I don't post all that often - but I have a game that I really, really, really like tonight.

I have recently moved to the Charlottesville, VA area.

Needless to say the Cavaliers are having a tough year. John Paul Jones Arena when it opened last year was a very tough place to play. This year that is not the case.

The Cavaliers just got blasted at home by Clemson by over 30 points. The same Clemson team that just lost to NC by 10 (although it was double overtime)

The Cavaliers really only have one scoring threat in Sean Singletary, and he has not been healthy for much of the season (currently nursing a hip pointer.) They also have no inside presence on offense or defense. Needless to say - Hansborough should have an easy go of it inside. The games that they have played close in the ACC (3 losses in OT and one by 3 points) the opposing team has not had a dominant big man. They also just lost to an average Wake Forest team who can't shoot the 3 - and kept the game semi close by sitting in a zone and letting the worst 3 point shooting team in the ACC keep missing, while trying to protect their dismal inside defense. Virginia will not be able to sit in a zone to help with Hansborough as NC has to many outside shooters.

On top of that I have heard much grumbling about Coach Leitao is coming from the players. He is a yeller and screamer and that is all well and good when you are winning - but when you have lost 8 of 9 and are 1-8 in the ACC - they yelling gets old real quick. They are not playing hard for their coach anymore.

If NC gets out to an early lead this will turn into a rout by 25-30 points. Virginia is beat down and can't come back from an early deficit. Their heart isn't in it. That is what I am banking on.

I don't ever have GOYs or Games of the Century, or Games of whatever time period will make people jump on what I think is a good game. I just play the games I like for more money. That is what I will be doing tonight.

That said:

North Carolina -4 1st half
    North Carolina -7 Game

Playing the game for three times the amount of the halftime bet.

If you follow - good luck. If you don't - good luck as well.

That line sure looks low... Should be 10

Comment

gl to ya----bring er in
      Last edited by Kaptain; 02-12-2008, 05:41 PM.

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Hell Kapt. im seeing 6 and 6.5 in some places WHY????

Comment

Line started at 8. That was before PG Lawson for NC was officially out of the line-up. There was talk he would be back for this game. That could explain some of the line movement.

Comment

Lawson out. Ginyard out. Hansbrough was talking the other day about how extremely fatigued he is. Also a little rumor he was in the hospital last night... something with his foot. That has not been confirmed as of yet and I still show him playing tonight.
            NFL System - Year 1
            Week 2 3-2 +0.8 Units
            Week 3 3-2-1 +0.8 Units
            Week 3 3-3 -0.3 Units
            Week 4 3-2 +0.8 Units
            Week 5 2-3 -1.3 Units
            Week 6 4-1 +2.9 Units
            Week 7 3-0 +3.0 Units
            Week 8 2-3 -2.35 Units
            Week 9 0-1 -1.1 Units
            Season Total 23-17 +3.35 Units

Comment

Good luck to you im taking the UNDER in this game...but ill be rooting you on...

Comment

Does the double ot game vs Clemson on Sunday worry you or any of the Carolina backers?
                "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it." George Bernard Shaw

Comment

That is like 2 days ago. Plenty of time for young body to get rested

Lets Tar Heels!

Comment

Unconfirmed reports saying Tyler Hansborough is out tonight for UNC.

Comment

good luck with tha Heelz, kim! i like'em!

Comment

Originally posted by thaikarate1
                        That is like 2 days ago. Plenty of time for young body to get rested

Lets Tar Heels!
                        Two days is not a lot of time in college basketball. And its really not two days. Its one full day.
                        "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it." George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Just about tip off time in Charlottesville - still nothing on the local news about Hansborough not playing. Just getting confirmation about Lawson being out and Ginyard being a game time decision. No information about Hansborough at all. I about hedged my bet when I saw your post about Hansborough not playing - but decided to go for it.

Hopefully he is playing! (at least for us Tar Heel fans! - for a night anyway)

Comment

Hansborough and Ginyard both are playing. And Hansborough has 6 points in the first 6 minutes - hopefully they can pour it on.

Comment

Originally posted by kim61299
                              Hansborough and Ginyard both are playing. And Hansborough has 6 points in the first 6 minutes - hopefully they can pour it on.

Comment

Working...
                              X