• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryant, Gasol link up for 66 in Lakers' victory

Lakers' new one-two punch proves too much for Magic
    Video Highlights

Associated Press

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) -- It hasn't taken long for Pau Gasol and Kobe Bryant to get comfortable playing together.

Gasol had 30 points and nine rebounds to go with Bryant's 36 points, 10 rebounds and six assists as the Los Angeles Lakers defeated the Orlando Magic 117-113 Friday night.

It was just Gasol's third game in a Laker uniform, but he and Bryant ran the pick-and-roll play so effectively, they looked as though they had been playing together for years.

They combined for 39 points in the first half to help Los Angeles withstand a 64-point first half by Orlando.

"With all (Gasol's) skills, it's going to be a seamless transition for us," Bryant said. "He has the ability to do everything on the floor, whether it?s pass, shoot, rebound or defend. Adding him makes us a very strong team."

Gasol was 12-fopt-15 from the field, beating Magic defenders from both the perimeter and in the paint.

"Having Kobe takes a whole lot of pressure off my shoulders," Gasol said. "This is an amazing opportunity for me and I want to make the very best of it every single night."

The Lakers are going to be VERY tough to beat in a series.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
      The Lakers are going to be VERY tough to beat in a series.
      You got that right....Gasol is a perfect fit for the Lakers, scary!
      Nothing is as far away as one minute ago.

Comment

After learning of the Gasol trade at a Mavericks press confrence Avery Johnson had two words for the Lakers, "Merry Christmas"

Heres to good health!!

C- Andrew Bynum 7-0 275--13 points 10 rebs. 2 blocks
        PF- Pau Gasol 7-0 260--19 points 9 rebounds 3 assists
        SF- Lamar Odom 6-10 230--13 points 10 rebounds 3assts.
        SG- Kobe Bryant 6-6 220--27 points 6 rebounds 5 assists
        PG- Derek Fisher 6-1 205---12 points 3 assists and career high in shooting %

The bench is young and very underrated:
        PG Jordan Farmar 9.5 points 3 assists
        SG Sasha Vujacic 7 points 42% 3pt
        PF 6-10 Vladimir Radmanovic 7.7 points 3 rebounds 42% 3pt
        SF Trevor Ariza VERY talented from UCLA aquired from Orlando, then injured during 1st week with LA, will primarily backup Kobe
        Also, luke walton, chris mihm and ronny turiaf (who reminds me more and more like a young dennis rodman)

Lakers are looking GREAT right now, playing very unselfishly...even kobe...just wait till they get Andrew Bynum and Trevor Ariza back from injury, this team will be extremley difficult to matchup against...you could bet against them but I wouldnt advise it, no matter who the opponent.
        maybe im a homer or maybe I see this team play enough to realize that its a good time to get excited about what this team can do with the addition of a KEY piece to the puzzle in pau gasol to go along with a deep, young, very talented TEAM....
        for suns and shaq!

Comment

Been a Lakers fan for over 20 years...still like the Magic...Worthy...Cooper...Scott...Kareem team better. But this is the first time in a looooong time I felt like we have a chance.
          $100/unit

They are all booger eaters!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KR-V3
            Been a Lakers fan for over 20 years...still like the Magic...Worthy...Cooper...Scott...Kareem team better. But this is the first time in a looooong time I felt like we have a chance.
            dude didnt we complete a 3-peat in 2002?

Comment

Working...
            X