Super Bowl Discussion!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aplous
    If the Giants were never down by more than 1 score in the playoffs, or the 1st game v. NE, why do you think they will be losing by more than 1 score on Sunday?

Eli has handled the pressure just fine on the road this year and against NE, I dont see why he wont on Sunday. It seems as though people are trying to talk themselves into betting NE.

I dont know how you could back a team that has covered just once in the last 8 games w/ these DD spreads.
    You backing the Giants makes me like the Pats even more!!!

SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Put your money on the Giants and watch Eli come back to reality and choke...the GMEN are just glad to be here....the Pats have waited all season for this game and are gonna blow em out...game wont even be close IMO....

Comment

I know that the public doesn't win often, but I think that alot of us are putting too much on the fact that the public like the Giants. Also, as bettors we look at every aspect of the game very in depth (which we should). For example, I think we assume (concioulsy or subconciusly) that the Pats will play harder bc they are fighting for an undefeated season. But, in reality, when the teams hit the field they are both fighting for a win the the super bowl. So looking strictly at the teams playing performaces I love the Giants (got them at +14). I will have a more detailed analysis later but in general I love them for 2 reasons. First, they can exploit NE's weakness, their running D which allows 4.4 YPR (26th during regular season). Second, you have to pressure brady and the Giants were 1st in the league in sacks. JMO.
        Check out all of my past picks at www.Byeweekpicks.com
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/Byeweekpicks

2014 NFL Record: 36-30-1 (55%), +5.5 units

2013 NFL Record: 34-26-1 (57%)

2012 NFL Record: 41-30-2 (58%)
        +9 units (1unit=6% of bankroll)

2011 NFL record: 34-25-2 (58%)
        +3.4 units

2010 NFL Record: 29-16-2 (64%)
        +15.1 units

2009 NFL Record: 37-24-4 (61%)
        +16.3 units

2008 NFL Record: 39-24-3 (62%)
        +16.8 Units

2007 NFL Record: 42-27-2 (61%)
        +14.7 Units

Comment

I took the Giants at 13 1/2 as soon as I had access to a line. I just can't pass up that many points for a team that's been playing as well as the Giants. I understand the perspective of the line movement, public sentiment, sharp vs. square, etc. upon which some base their Patriots play but I like starting the game up almost two TDs on the side of a team that's been playing really well. If I'm wrong, I won't lament. I'm not spending my childrens' inheritance on the game. I'll spend that on travel and golf when I retire in a few years. :-)

Comment

I definately understand where you guys are coming from but I have not and still will not put my money on Eli....even with how impressive he has looked over these past few games I still think he sucks....he is due for a big chokefest with reality setting in and what better team than the Pats to de-rail this "above his head" and "over the top" playoff run he is putting together....

Comment

Chad I was understanding your points until the "Giants are just glad to be here" comment. That is such an absurd comment its not even funny. You lower the quality of the rest of your arguement by saying stuff like that, just so you know. And "reality" for Eli Manning is that he has made the playoffs 3 out of his 4 years in the league. Take a look at the list of qbs that have done that and you will see its pretty short.
              "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it." George Bernard Shaw

Comment

What's this "super bowl" that you people are talking about?

I thought college football was over with

Comment

Originally posted by 3ebRocks
                  Chad I was understanding your points until the "Giants are just glad to be here" comment. That is such an absurd comment its not even funny. You lower the quality of the rest of your arguement by saying stuff like that, just so you know. And "reality" for Eli Manning is that he has made the playoffs 3 out of his 4 years in the league. Take a look at the list of qbs that have done that and you will see its pretty short.
                  By just glad to be here I mean who would have thought they would be here and if they dont win the Super Bowl they are glad how far they came....thats what I meant....

Comment

bump cause chado just left me 10 voice mails to make sure this stays on page one.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRook
                      bump cause chado just left me 10 voice mails to make sure this stays on page one.
                      The voice mails said to bump my NHL picks thread not this one....you screwed it up jeez...

Comment

Working...
                      X