Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For all you Rivers hater!

Rivers to have surgery on torn ACL

SAN DIEGO (AP) Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers said Monday that he had arthroscopic surgery on his right knee a week ago in order to play in the AFC championship game, and that he'll need surgery on the torn anterior cruciate ligament in the same joint.
    Rivers made it through Sunday's 21-12 loss to the perfect New England Patriots despite the damage to his knee, which he sustained in an upset win over the Indianapolis Colts a week earlier.

Rivers said he'd like to have surgery as soon as possible on the torn ACL.

"It's gone," he said. "I don't know exactly the details on that. I'll be ready by training camp."

Rivers said he had arthroscopic surgery a week earlier to clean out damaged cartilage.

"It wasn't real extensive, but I mean, really that was the only way I would have had a chance to play by doing that on Monday," he said. "I thought maybe I could come back in the Colts game but it was catching. That's what we did on Monday to give me the chance to play on Sunday."

Running back LaDainian Tomlinson said he's not going to need surgery on the sprained medial collateral ligament in his left knee, which he originally hurt in the Indianapolis game.

Tomlinson carried only twice Sunday, both in the game's first drive, and caught a short screen pass the following series before retiring to the sideline for good.

Tomlinson said he'll probably sit out the Pro Bowl.

This is what you want for a QB!

Comment

I'll take a QB that will win me games, not drive down the field and get me in field goal position.

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
        I'll take a QB that will win me games, not drive down the field and get me in field goal position.
        part of that was not his fault. Play calling was bad there. Plus LT and Gates being not 100 %

Comment

I know buddy, just giving you a hard time

Comment

Rivers did man up, i will give him that. He still runs his gums to much.

LT, dude just sat there all game with that damn helmet on, whats up with that
            Questions, comments, complaints:
            [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by jcindaville
              Rivers did man up, i will give him that. He still runs his gums to much.

I agree,he did man up.Love his heart,hate his mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by jcindaville
                Right on the money jc!

LT was Anything BUT a team player Sunday. I lost all respect for him while he sat there wrapped up and behind his shield for the whole game. Fucken A ... Get off your ass, take your visor off and get your fucken head into the game. He has teammates he should have been cheering for and other RB's at his position he could have been lending any advice he had to. What a puss bag sitting there like a fucken bump on a log for the whole game. Hey LT, It's the AFC Title game, stop fucken pouting and fucken stand up for your team!

Comment

Rivers =

I still think Volek would have given them a chance for the win though, unlike Rivers!

Comment

Love his guts...hate his mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                      Right on the money jc!

LT was Anything BUT a team player Sunday. I lost all respect for him while he sat there wrapped up and behind his shield for the whole game. Fucken A ... Get off your ass, take your visor off and get your fucken head into the game. He has teammates he should have been cheering for and other RB's at his position he could have been lending any advice he had to. What a puss bag sitting there like a fucken bump on a log for the whole game. Hey LT, It's the AFC Title game, stop fucken pouting and fucken stand up for your team!

I agree with everything you wrote. I couldnt understand for the life of me why he just sat there.

Rivers did man up, dude was trying his ass off.
                      Questions, comments, complaints:
                      [email protected]

Comment

Hey thai respond in this thread with your approval for Monte to send me your email addy:

http://bettorschat.com/forums/showth...17#post1349517
                        SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chado1
                          Hey thai respond in this thread with your approval for Monte to send me your email addy:

http://bettorschat.com/forums/showth...17#post1349517

Chad,

I asked you in your thread yesterday and today where do you want me to send you the check.

Contact me by using my username w/out the 1 @aol.com

Comment

Originally posted by thaikarate1
                            Chad,

I asked you in your thread yesterday and today where do you want me to send you the check.

Contact me by using my username w/out the 1 @aol.com
                            Oh ok then...I will send you an email right now..
                            SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                              Rivers =

I still think Volek would have given them a chance for the win though, unlike Rivers!

Probably be the same result. Play calling was not very creative.

And everytime we kickoff, Pats were able to gain hugh yards. I think they average starting in the 40 yrd line.

Can't give Pats this much of an advantage.

Comment

Working...
                              X