Potential chink in Pats armor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential chink in Pats armor

Ok so we all know how many points the patriots have scored (about 1,000 it seems like ) and we know that a clock management type game doesnt suite them.

And we all expect the Jaguars to outRUSH the pats but I see the Jaguars having success throwing the ball as well.
    Patriots cornerbacks and safeties are undersized. While the Jaguars 4 WR's may be one of the biggest receiving cores in the NFL.

Jags 4 WR's:
    Reggie Williams 6'4 215 --38 rec 630 yds 10 tds
    Wilford 6'4 225 --45 catches 500 yards 3 tds
    Matt Jones 6'6 238 --25 rec 315 4 tds
    Northcutt 5'11 --44 rec 601 yds 4tds

Tight End: Mercedes Lewis 6'6 260

Pats Top DBs:
    Asante Samuel 5'10 180
    Ellis Hobbs 5'9 190
    Randall Gay 5'11 195
    Chad Scott 6'0 210

I know height doesnt mean much in the NFL especially in the NFL playoffs. But I think these are significant mismatches at each slot. Im SURE Belichick will have some type of defensive scheme ready to counter whatever JAX plans on doing to exploit the height.
    And I also understand that receivers have been taller than defensive backs for years and will continue to be, especially with these freakishly tall/strong/fast WR's that continue to come out of college. (calvin johnson...unreal) anyyway
    good luck to everyone I hope im not just digging for more reasons to bet against the pats...
Working...
X