Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asterisk next to Pats' record removed from Jaguars' Web site

AP

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The asterisk the Jacksonville Jaguars had on their Web site next to New England's perfect record, a mark indicating the Patriots were caught cheating in one game this season, has been removed.

The Jaguars, who play at New England in the divisional round of the AFC playoffs Saturday night, decided to remove the asterisk Friday.

Jaguars.com senior editor Vic Ketchman put the asterisk next to the Patriots in his weekly "power rankings." Ketchman said he put it there in "an attempt at subtle humor." It remained there, mostly under the radar, for four months.

That changed this week, when several media outlets turned the asterisk into a story.

"All of a sudden, the subtle humor was gone," Ketchman wrote Friday. "All of a sudden, the asterisk was being treated as though it was critical commentary.

"Retracting our position? No way. Hey, it was up there for four months. There's no retracting that. The jaguars.com executive committee just decided ... to take it down because our position had become distorted."

Ketchman added that he "never thought an asterisk could cause such a disturbance," citing all the e-mail he received this week from angry Patriots fans.

Kruise Record 28-21

Comment

boy are they gonna get a beat down tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by molta02
        boy are they gonna get a beat down tomorrow
        Sup molta...what you been sayin lately buddy?

Who you likin in NFL for tomorrow my man?
        SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chado1
          Sup molta...what you been sayin lately buddy?

Who you likin in NFL for tomorrow my man?

trying to lay low and cut back on the amount of plays (which is tough for me).

love seattle tomorrow, but getting scared since it seems really 'popular' all of a sudden. like the pats too, but i'm biased.

heading to the game tomorrow night, thankfully it won't be too cold.

Comment

Working...
          X