*** Changes possible to qualifying format ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *** Changes possible to qualifying format ***

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - Expect changes with NASCAR Sprint Cup Series qualifying this season. The new procedures are expected to be announced during the Lowe's Motor Speedway Media Tour on Jan. 21.

"We've been talking about things through the fall," said NASCAR vice president of competition Robin Pemberton. "Small tweaks to make the playing field as fair as possible, but still maintain competitiveness. But we haven't sat down since the new year started to discuss our plans further." Pemberton said NASCAR would not be dumping the top 35 owner points rule, which guarantees the top 35 cars in the owner points standing a starting position in each race. However, garage sources intimated during the first round of preseason testing this week that NASCAR would allow those cars outside of the top 35 to qualify together, before (or after) the drivers locked into the race, so the racing conditions would be relatively similar.

What about the new rule in the pits.The outside tire instead of being rolled to the wall as the crew member is done,it must now be carried or rolled by a member until he is on the other side.As soon as those right side tires came off they would roll them and hope a crew member grabbed them.Not no more.

Comment

I been saying for years I thought that was the most stupided SHIT in racin'. Just take em off and roll em...STUPID...Not fair to other teams.

Comment

What about the other one,where the crews can only push a car(thats maybe out of gas or something)a length of 3 pit stalls.I always wondered why they let them push it all the way down pit road.Can you imgine if another car was spinning thru the grass and here they have there back turned pushing a car.OUCH

Comment

Im sure thats next on JR.S' list to happen to him!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ***THA FIX***
            Im sure thats next on JR.S' list to happen to him!!!
            Only grass he will be ripping up is the Daytona 500 infield after he wins his second Daytona 500.

Comment

Ha Ha Ha it will really piss all yall off this year when is still finishing behind the 24 and 48. I can already hear it...Why is the 24 and 48 out running JR, dont they have the "STUFF".

CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY

Comment

Ha Ha Ha it will really piss all yall off this year when is still finishing behind the 24 and 48. I can already hear it...Why is the 24 and 48 out running JR, dont they have the "STUFF".

CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY
                Why dont you go out on a limb there Jeff.Last I checked everyone was finishing behind the 24 and 48.

Comment

Thats not my point PHILLIP...JR fans(MOSTLY YOU, KB, BOOG, AND ROOK will be saying their not giving him the same stuff Jeff and Jimmy are running... You know what I'm talking about!!

Comment

Thats not my point PHILLIP...JR fans(MOSTLY YOU, KB, BOOG, AND ROOK will be saying their not giving him the same stuff Jeff and Jimmy are running... You know what I'm talking about!!

Unlike most JR fans,I think his move to Hendrick was a mistake.The championship still comes out of the 24 or the 48 car.It's not just equipment but Jr don't have Gordons driving ability and he don't have Chad Knaus as his crew chief so he is going to have a tough time winning at Hendrick.He will win some races no doubt but it will be a couple of years before he wins a championship.

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan
                      Unlike most JR fans,I think his move to Hendrick was a mistake.The championship still comes out of the 24 or the 48 car.It's not just equipment but Jr don't have Gordons driving ability and he don't have Chad Knaus as his crew chief so he is going to have a tough time winning at Hendrick.He will win some races no doubt but it will be a couple of years before he wins a championship.

Smart!!! But there is 1 thing that might get him closer faster and thats all the $$$ he brings with him. It will be interesting thats for sure.

GO #41 AND #2!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan
                        Why dont you go out on a limb there Jeff.Last I checked everyone was finishing behind the 24 and 48.

Comment

Your boy Sorenson blows

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
                            Your boy Sorenson blows
                            Him and Reed grew up together or something so he has to pull for him.One of the bars we hang out at,the owner also helped Reed get into Nascar.We all want to see him run good.I dont think he will be at Ganassi much longer.Montoya is Chips baby now and Reed will be like a third wheel.

Comment

Working...
                            X