College Football Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Football Question

A couple points. I thought the announcers last night were the worst ever. They were not bias, just bad. Chris Meyers was a sports reporter here in New Orleans before he got the job with Fox and he had NO clue about some things he said, like the piece about Steltz from LSU and Abdullah (sic) from Ohio State when they were teammates at Rummel High School. His facts were wrong - anyway just thought they were bad overall.
    The announcers talked about how dominate USC and Ohio State have been the last 7 years. LSU has won 34 games under Miles the last 3 years and 2 National Championships in the last 5. ?????????? Just had me confused.

My main point is LSU defeated teams coached by Saban, Spurrier, Meyer, Fulmer and Tressel in one year - all of whom have won a National Title. Has any team ever done this in ONE year ?
    dave
    jc Wishes He Can Get A Goat

Ohio St was worse than the announcers were!

Comment

I heard that also. Didnt Steltz play at John Curtis?

Comment

Originally posted by longnex
        I heard that also. Didnt Steltz play at John Curtis?
        No he played at Rummel. But Meyers was a reporter here for years and all the big high school games are played at either Tad Gormley Stadium or Joe Yenni Stadium. Everyone here knows that and he showed a picture of the field and twice called it JOHN Yenni Stadium.

Also Meyers was commenting in the second half about Steltz being hurt and in the locker room and they are showing him standing on the sideline. That also happened twice.

Comment

ALSO, under Miles the last 3 years the Tigers have finished 5th, 3rd and 1st in the country !!!

Sorry for ranting but I am tired of hearing how USC and Ohio State have been the "Dominate" team lately.

Whew, I feel better !!

Comment

I agree with you, LSU really couldnt be more dominate over this decade. But wasnt Chris Meyers at ESPN for years before he left for Fox. Was he local to you before that? Just curious because I dont know if he was in La before ESPN or after. Dont really know why I even care, just making convo I guess.
            "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it." George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
            X